Sound Blaster Not Working / Audio Quality P15 Erazer Defender P15 30033285

2 REPLIES 2
woodhall2k
Beginner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Sound Blaster Not Working / Audio Quality P15 Erazer Defender P15 30033285

Hi Guys,

Just got this laptop and whilst it's really good the only thing that's a bit underwhelming is the audio quality of the built in speakers.

I'm not sure if this is a Driver issue, or just the inherent quality of the speakers, but the sound is somewhat tinny and lacks bass.

Could this be linked to the sound blaster cinema driver or how that works, I downloaded sound blaster cinema 6 from the Microsoft store and get the following error when I boot that upsound-blaster-error.png

Thats the best theory I have that it's to do with the above error, however It could be that the quality of the speakers is just what it is. My previous laptop was a 2017 HP Envy with Bang & Oluffsen speakers, I think I've possibly been spoiled by that somewhat...

I really appreciate any time anyone can give right now and I'm glad to be here!

Thanks,

Matt

2 REPLIES 2
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hello @woodhall2k  and welcome
here are the two audio drivers:

www1.medion.de/downloads/index.pl?op=detail&id=22595&type=treiber&lang=uk

www1.medion.de/downloads/index.pl?op=detail&id=22101&type=treiber&lang=uk
you have a Clevo barebone NH77EPY(-M)

there is a useful general user manual for this, download it and open the manual.pdf.

https://www.clevo.com.tw/en/e-services/download/ftp_download.asp?sno=8331&no=3

see there from page 2-13/ 4-8 / 6-13 it will surely help you.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi @woodhall2k 

I asked briefly: could you fix the problem and what BIOS version do you have?

new: User Manual: https://www.clevo.com.tw/en/e-services/download/ftp_download.asp?sno=6414&no=3

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
2 REPLIES 2