Replacement Keyboard for Erazer X7847

SOLVED
19 REPLIES 19
natswright
Trainee
Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

Replacement Keyboard for Erazer X7847

The keyboard on my Erazer X7847 has stopped working, after a liquid spill. I've searched the internet for a replacement, but am unable to get one. Even Medion themselves said that they could not provide a replacement. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know that Clevo are the underlying manufactuer of Medion kit, but other than a few very expensive replacemts from china on ebay, it seems impossible to get a replacement

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

@natswright 

I have now spoken to my service team, unfortunately without testing it they can't confirm it is going to work, there could be firmware issues even if it did fit. it wouldn't be supported.

I can't stop you trying it, espetialy if the ebay seller accept returns but I can't garantie it will work.
This is really your call.
Whatever you choose I hope it goes well.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 20
Message 2 of 20

Hi @natswright

I don't know any other sources I'm afraid, but perhaps an external keyboard could be a workaround if you can't find a replacement?

Kind regards,
Bart
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 3 of 20
Message 3 of 20

Hi @natswright 

I had a look online and indeed some keyboard replacements are available on Ebay for around a 100 euros,  you could consider sending it to Medion as an out of warranty repair to get a quote, it might not be too prohibitive and would carry a warranty on the repaired part.

Give our team a call to see what can be done.

I hope you find a fix or work around that works for you.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

natswright
Trainee
Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

Thanks guys, I just don't understand why I have to send the laptop away to have it assessed for such a simple ŕeplacement. The keyboard is a doddle to replace! Sending the laptop in will cost more than simply posting a keyboard out to me! I know the keyboard is faulty and will happily pay for a replacement! 

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 5 of 20
Message 5 of 20

Hi @natswright 

I had a word with my colleagues at the repair centre , could you kindly PM me the MSN number of your machine, I will check with them and get back to you tomorrow as to what we could do to help you in your situation, no promises, I just want to give you a better understanding of your options and costs.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

natswright
Trainee
Message 6 of 20
Message 6 of 20

Thank you, details are as follows

Eraser X7847 md60380

Msn 30021770

Part no. For k/b 6-80-P65S0-191-1

daddle
Superuser
Message 7 of 20
Message 7 of 20

@natswright 

On this page -->  https://www.medion.com/medionserviceshop/search?sbf=true&sfs=1&msn=30021770&catchword=&x=79&y=15

you find your keyboard. It seems to be sold out.

But you can ask for a replacement by touching the red button and sending a request.

regards, daddle

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 8 of 20
Message 8 of 20

Hi @natswright 

Thank you for communicating the MSN number, I have checked with my repair team in the UK and unfortunately this machine is end of life and they were unable to locate a spare keyboard in stock, this would make an out of warranty repair request moot.

@daddle sugestion is still a valid option as you never know they might find a part.

The other option is to monitor auction sites for that machine, you might find one for sale cheaply or for parts and salvage a keyboard.

I appreciate that this is not the answers you would have like to hear but is the best I can do at this moment in time. I wish you best of success securing a spare part in the near future.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 9 of 20
Message 9 of 20

Moin @TPFLegionaire 

just a thought, switch keyboard software, would that work ?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Tastaturaufkleber-UK-Tastatur-Aufkleber-Notebook-Englisch-Keyboard-Sticker-W...

German Keyboard,Tastatur, beleuchtet, DE , MSN: 40061018

https://www.medion.com/medionserviceshop/search?msn=30021566

Tschüss Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

@Fishtown

I like your thinking ! Wish I 'd thought of that myself but there you go, teamwork ! 😉

@natswright take a look at the solution proposed by @Fishtown above

A cursory glance in a search engine point out to some tutorials , so you know what you are doing  before you spend your money.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

19 REPLIES 19