Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Keyboard for Erazer X7847

Trainee
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Replacement Keyboard for Erazer X7847

The keyboard on my Erazer X7847 has stopped working, after a liquid spill. I've searched the internet for a replacement, but am unable to get one. Even Medion themselves said that they could not provide a replacement. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know that Clevo are the underlying manufactuer of Medion kit, but other than a few very expensive replacemts from china on ebay, it seems impossible to get a replacement

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Mentor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Replacement Keyboard for Erazer X7847

Hi @natswright

I don't know any other sources I'm afraid, but perhaps an external keyboard could be a workaround if you can't find a replacement?

Kind regards,
Bart
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Hi @natswright 

I had a look online and indeed some keyboard replacements are available on Ebay for around a 100 euros,  you could consider sending it to Medion as an out of warranty repair to get a quote, it might not be too prohibitive and would carry a warranty on the repaired part.

Give our team a call to see what can be done.

I hope you find a fix or work around that works for you.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

Trainee
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

Thanks guys, I just don't understand why I have to send the laptop away to have it assessed for such a simple ŕeplacement. The keyboard is a doddle to replace! Sending the laptop in will cost more than simply posting a keyboard out to me! I know the keyboard is faulty and will happily pay for a replacement! 

Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Hi @natswright 

I had a word with my colleagues at the repair centre , could you kindly PM me the MSN number of your machine, I will check with them and get back to you tomorrow as to what we could do to help you in your situation, no promises, I just want to give you a better understanding of your options and costs.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

Trainee
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Thank you, details are as follows

Eraser X7847 md60380

Msn 30021770

Part no. For k/b 6-80-P65S0-191-1

Highlighted
Superuser
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

@natswright 

On this page -->  https://www.medion.com/medionserviceshop/search?sbf=true&sfs=1&msn=30021770&catchword=&x=79&y=15

you find your keyboard. It seems to be sold out.

But you can ask for a replacement by touching the red button and sending a request.

regards, daddle

Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

Hi @natswright 

Thank you for communicating the MSN number, I have checked with my repair team in the UK and unfortunately this machine is end of life and they were unable to locate a spare keyboard in stock, this would make an out of warranty repair request moot.

@daddle sugestion is still a valid option as you never know they might find a part.

The other option is to monitor auction sites for that machine, you might find one for sale cheaply or for parts and salvage a keyboard.

I appreciate that this is not the answers you would have like to hear but is the best I can do at this moment in time. I wish you best of success securing a spare part in the near future.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

Master
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Moin @TPFLegionaire 

just a thought, switch keyboard software, would that work ?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Tastaturaufkleber-UK-Tastatur-Aufkleber-Notebook-Englisch-Keyboard-Sticker-W...

German Keyboard,Tastatur, beleuchtet, DE , MSN: 40061018

https://www.medion.com/medionserviceshop/search?msn=30021566

Tschüss Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt,führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

@Fishtown

I like your thinking ! Wish I 'd thought of that myself but there you go, teamwork ! Smiley Wink

@natswright take a look at the solution proposed by @Fishtown above

A cursory glance in a search engine point out to some tutorials , so you know what you are doing  before you spend your money.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire