cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P17613 Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...

4 REPLIES 4
Slartibardfast
Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

P17613 Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...

"Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware."

I Recently updated Drivers in Windows Update.  Now I find the above Errors in the Event Logs (System) for each Processor (0 ~ 7).  Details for each:

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
Date: 14/03/2021 00:39:29
Event ID: 34
Task Category: (1)
Level: Error
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: JAS
Description:
Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power" Guid="{0f67e49f-fe51-4e9f-b490-6f2948cc6027}" />
<EventID>34</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>1</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-03-14T00:39:29.1515881Z" />
<EventRecordID>32161</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="388" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>JAS</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="Group">0</Data>
<Data Name="Number">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Additionally, each Event is proceeded by an Information Event:

Processor 0 in group 0 exposes the following power management capabilities:

Idle state type: ACPI Idle (C) States (1 state(s))

Performance state type: ACPI Collaborative Processor Performance Control
Nominal Frequency (MHz): 2400
Maximum performance percentage: 170
Minimum performance percentage: 33
Minimum throttle percentage: 4

System BIOS: 1.07.08RME8

KBC/EC: 1.07.03

ME FW: 12.0.47.1524

I checked in Windows Update to see if I could uninstall the Drivers recently updated, but could not find an entry for AMS - Firmware - 6.2.8320.11 which was one of the Updates installed.

Is this something I should be concerned about and is there a way to resolve this?

Cheers.

4 REPLIES 4
Luke
Community Manager
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Slartibardfast,

does this affect the functionality of your Windows?

Greetings,

Luke

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Slartibardfast
Apprentice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

It does not seem to have any negative effect(s) so far, which is why I wondered whether it was something that can just be ignored.  But any 'Critical' Error logged in the Event Log should be investigated.

I am a PC Technician but this is beyond my knowledge (can't know everything!).

Why would Windows Log such an Event?  It is related to Power management?  In this case Idle States?

I had thought to remove/disable all options to Sleep, Hibernate, and Fast Startup so that a full cache flushed shutdown and power off is made, as I presume these are the kinds of things involved with the ACPI System, Idle Management, and other Power Settings.  Then see if these Events appear or not.

It doesn't look like something catastrophically defective with the Device, but I am not competent enough to make that call. But as a Nerd I am curious...

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

One thing I learn over the years, Microsoft Windows (any version) is like a maze: you never know when leads you into a trap.

Never paid attention to logs except cleaning them from time to time even if there are critical errors logged. Most of them are a result of what I did by disabling useless or annoying services. The only Critical errors worth for attention are BSOD. Luckily W10 reports those without confirmation or approval  from user and those caused by windows updates (like KB500802) are fixed in less than a week.

Out of curiosity I just checked the logs on my laptop and discovered lots of critical error logged (Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing) and I know for sure I'm responsible for disabling a few processes. And as usual, I cleared the logs without concern. As long as the laptop works fine and doesn't present any random or regular errors I don't care.

Also I'll never use again clean up or repairs software - did that once and got my windows FUBAR. I admit the software did the job and the windows was performing better because I had to reinstall it from scratch.

Anyway, don't try to fix it if is not broken.

Cheers

Slartibardfast
Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Spoiler
I know where you are coming from.  I have been doing this sort of thing for many years, and I concur, Windows can be a total dog's dinner and messages are not always what they seem.

It is many years since I let any 'third party' software anywhere near my Registry for 'clean-up' purposes.  Not on my Systems.

The Laptop has not shown any problems at all since the last updates which triggered these System Errors in the Event Logs, but I am keeping an eye on it.  As a Nerd I always want to know why, but am content if I know I can ignore it 🙂

Anyway, thanks for the comments.  Appreciated...
4 REPLIES 4