3 ANTWORTEN 3
MKontic
Beginner
Nachricht 1 von 4
1.378 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 4
1.378 Aufrufe

No MSN number on bottom of laptop, and broken hinge

I have a 14-month-old Medion Erazer Defender P10 laptop.  A few days ago, when closing the laptop, there was a 'crack' from the right-side hinge.  It seems the black plastic casing came away from the hinge itself, and then started pulling the plastic surround away from the screen.  I clicked it all back together, but every time I try to close the laptop lid the same thing happens.  If I press and hold tightly the plastic casing around the hinge I am just about able to close the laptop, but it's not easy to do.  Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Also, I've tried contacting Medion Support, but the support page required a MSN number, which is supposedly on the bottom of the laptop, but there isn't one, just the usual tag showing the serial number and one or two other bits of information.  Anyone know how I can find out what the MSN number is?

3 ANTWORTEN 3
Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 4
1.373 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 4
1.373 Aufrufe

Hi @MKontic and welcome

Can you upload a picture of the nameplate, please blur (cover) the serial number.

Don't you have an invoice?

Don't you have an outer box with the MSN number on it?

Didn't you register the device in the Medion Shop at the time?

Attempts in the command prompt by: calling msinfo32, see the last 8 digits under System SKU, that would then be the MSN number

I can already say that your Defender is a barebones clevo NH77DXX-M

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
MKontic
Beginner
Nachricht 3 von 4
1.365 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 4
1.365 Aufrufe

Thank you, that got me the MSN number.

To answer your other questions, yes I do have an invoice, but I bought it from Laptops Direct, not from Medion themselves.  And I don't have the box any more.

What do you mean by a "barebones clevo"?  Also, I've found that there are 2 serial numbers on it - one starting 2101NH77DD, and the other starting NKNH77DD.  The Medion support page didn't recognise the first one, but it did recognise the second one.

I'll be getting in touch with both Laptops Direct and Medion tomorrow.  Thanks again for your help.

Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 4 von 4
1.363 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 4
1.363 Aufrufe

Hi @MKontic 

don't make it so exciting, what's the MSN number now?

do you still have warranty ?

Regarding "Barebone Clevo": Medion does not produce any computers itself, but orders them from the manufacturer according to their specifications/requests

Clevo is the manufacturer and Barebone is explained here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barebone_computer

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
3 ANTWORTEN 3