martinmt
Apprentice
Message 1 sur 20
8 624 Visites
Message 1 sur 20
8 624 Visites

Memory type for X6807

Hi 

Just bought a X6807 gaming laptop from box  (popular deal this week I think!)

It comes with one 8GB ram stick. I went to scan it at Crucial so I could add a second 8GB and their scan could not identify it. Which was a surprise. 

I know it's DDR4 ram - do I need to look for a specific spec of ram though or is it reasonably generic?

Thanks

Martin

1 SOLUTION APPROUVÉE

Solutions acceptées
martinmt
Apprentice
Message 19 sur 20
9 548 Visites
Message 19 sur 20
9 548 Visites

Hi there

I am expecting my new DIMM tomorrow and I am confident that this time it will fit and work as the part number is correct. 

I bought it from Scan.co.uk in the UK , with tax and delivery it cost about £42

In case anyone wants to look at this - here is a direct link to the product:

http://tidd.ly/baeb3020

Update: Ram received this morning and installed and all sorted. Genuine Samsung Dimm as well. 

Thanks

Martin

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

19 RÉPONSES 19
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 2 sur 20
5 604 Visites
Message 2 sur 20
5 604 Visites

Hi @martinmt 

Sorry about late reply, If you still need help. I would like to first identify the correct model of that series.so I can find the right specs, could you tel me the MSN of the device, it's usualy an 8 digit nuber at the back, starting 500,300,200.

Once you have the MSN number you could check our Medion spare parts site to see if we have any ram for you.

It's annoying the crucial site did not come up with anything they are usualy pretty good , where you able to have more success with any of their competitors?.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

martinmt
Apprentice
Message 3 sur 20
5 592 Visites
Message 3 sur 20
5 592 Visites

Hi

MSN number is 30026173

No I couldn't get anything from the other memory seller scans either so quite frustrating.

Martin

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 4 sur 20
5 587 Visites
Message 4 sur 20
5 587 Visites

Hi @martinmt 

here are the memmory specs you need.
DDR4 SO-DIMM (PC4-21300 / 2666MHz)
2 slots, 32GB max

Buy from reputable supliers with a good return policy and you should not have any issues.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

martinmt
Apprentice
Message 5 sur 20
5 583 Visites
Message 5 sur 20
5 583 Visites

Great, thank you.

I don't find any files or driver updates for my model on your system either (thinking of bios updates etc) - but I hope they are coming soon?

regards

Martin

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 6 sur 20
5 580 Visites
Message 6 sur 20
5 580 Visites

Hi @martinmt 

I am not currently aware of new drivers or Bios for your machine at this moment in time.

Are you trying to solve any other issues? Let us know so we can help.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

martinmt
Apprentice
Message 7 sur 20
5 578 Visites
Message 7 sur 20
5 578 Visites

OK thanks. No issues at present, I just normally check for bios upgrades when I get a new laptop. I've ordered some more memory so hopefully happy days ahead. 

martinmt
Apprentice
Message 8 sur 20
5 551 Visites
Message 8 sur 20
5 551 Visites

Just to follow up - I ordered some memory from Amazon based on those specs - and it turned up and was the wrong size. It has to be a 3cm x 1cm sized dimm. Just mentioning this in case others are having the same frustrations. I suppose I should have simply taken the back off the machine in the first place (as this is when I realised my error!)

Anyway, that is now going back, and I have ordered this one which is coming today - and I am hoping this will be the correct one for my laptop!  [link removed as that was the wrong size as well]

Update= Removed my link as that was the wrong size as well! So I'm still trying to find an 8GB DIMM that fits my machine. Shouldn't really be this hard. 

Blither
New Voice
Message 9 sur 20
5 510 Visites
Message 9 sur 20
5 510 Visites

Appreciate you posting this thread as I find myself in a similar situation.  I haven't yet ordered any RAM and so I will wait to hear from you what result you get.  Naturally it's important to get the 10% speed boost compatible so I'm really hoping you succeed and I can find out exactly what I need!

Gehringer
Retired
Message 10 sur 20
5 501 Visites
Message 10 sur 20
5 501 Visites

Hi @martinmt,

Have you already tried the official Medion UK service shop website?

It is the official Medion site for purchasing spare parts and components.

I’ve checked it and they have your memory available for purchase.

To order it, just go to the website, search by your product’s MSN number and choose the memory from the list of available items.

All the best,

Gehringer

19 RÉPONSES 19