SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
alexsunny123
New Voice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Medion X6807 Intel graphics upgrade ?.

Hello,

my X6807 has two issues that I have noticed. 

1. It won't stream in full screen via HDMI - so if I connect it to my TV, I can watch on the TV via HDMI in windowed mode but  the picture just freezes in full screen

2. I am really struggling to get Citrix workspace to work so I can connect to my work desktop. I get to sign in and to the point where I launch the launch.ica file and it just stops there and doesn't trigger the citrix desktop view in my browser. 

One of the possible solutions that I identified was to upgrade the Intel graphics driver. I installed the Intel driver support assistant, and there IS an upgrade available for Intel® UHD Graphics 630.

However, when I go through the update process, I get an error and a message saying it can't be installed and I need to refer to my manufacturer for upgrades. 

My MSN number is 30026173

I have entered this into the software downloads/drivers area and it says there are no downloads. 

How do I update this please (and if anyone has any possible solutions for either problem other than doing so, please let me know)?

My Nvidia drivers are up to date. 

thanks

alexsunny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @alexsunny123 and welcome to the FORUM!

The updated drivers could be found via Device Manager tool.

Most manufacturers of devices make updates available for Windows automatic search.

Please try the following:
- Check for any Windows updates and download and install them (if available)

- Repeat the procedure until, after checking the box "search for updates" on Windows Update tool, you receive a message saying "You are up-to-date"

- Right click on Start menu icon and select the option "device manager".

- Select the "View" menu and mark the option "Show hidden devices"

- Go back to the list and find the appropriate driver category for your device.

- Double click on the category to expand the options

- Check if any of the listed devices have a warning sign in front of its icon. If it does, you may need to either reinstall or roll back the driver update. You can do that by right clicking on the icon, selecting "Properties" and going to the "Drivers" tab.

- Right click on the driver icon and select "update driver" and then select the option to let Windows search for updates automatically.  You should get a message saying that Windows has determined the most recent version of the driver is installed

After this process, reboot the unit and your drivers should be updated.

Regards,

Gehringer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @alexsunny123 and welcome to the FORUM!

The updated drivers could be found via Device Manager tool.

Most manufacturers of devices make updates available for Windows automatic search.

Please try the following:
- Check for any Windows updates and download and install them (if available)

- Repeat the procedure until, after checking the box "search for updates" on Windows Update tool, you receive a message saying "You are up-to-date"

- Right click on Start menu icon and select the option "device manager".

- Select the "View" menu and mark the option "Show hidden devices"

- Go back to the list and find the appropriate driver category for your device.

- Double click on the category to expand the options

- Check if any of the listed devices have a warning sign in front of its icon. If it does, you may need to either reinstall or roll back the driver update. You can do that by right clicking on the icon, selecting "Properties" and going to the "Drivers" tab.

- Right click on the driver icon and select "update driver" and then select the option to let Windows search for updates automatically.  You should get a message saying that Windows has determined the most recent version of the driver is installed

After this process, reboot the unit and your drivers should be updated.

Regards,

Gehringer

alexsunny123
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

@alexsunny123 wrote:

Hello,

my X6807 has two issues that I have noticed. 

1. It won't stream in full screen via HDMI - so if I connect it to my TV, I can watch on the TV via HDMI in windowed mode but  the picture just freezes in full screen

2. I am really struggling to get Citrix workspace to work so I can connect to my work desktop. I get to sign in and to the point where I launch the launch.ica file and it just stops there and doesn't trigger the citrix desktop view in my browser. 

One of the possible solutions that I identified was to upgrade the Intel graphics driver. I installed the Intel driver support assistant, and there IS an upgrade available for Intel® UHD Graphics 630.

However, when I go through the update process, I get an error and a message saying it can't be installed and I need to refer to my manufacturer for upgrades. 

My MSN number is 30026173

I have entered this into the software downloads/drivers area and it says there are no downloads. 

3 malicious links removed

How do I update this please (and if anyone has any possible solutions for either problem other than doing so, please let me know)?

My Nvidia drivers are up to date. 

thanks

alexsunny

thanks my issue has been fixed.

2 REPLIES 2