Medion X6807 Intel graphics upgrade

SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
martinmt
Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Medion X6807 Intel graphics upgrade

Hi my X6807 has two issues that I have noticed. 

1. It won't stream in full screen via HDMI - so if I connect it to my TV, I can watch on the TV via HDMI in windowed mode but  the picture just freezes in full screen

2. I am really struggling to get Citrix workspace to work so I can connect to my work desktop. I get to sign in and to the point where I launch the launch.ica file and it just stops there and doesn't trigger the citrix desktop view in my browser. 

One of the possible solutions that I identified was to upgrade the Intel graphics driver. I installed the Intel driver support assistant, and there IS an upgrade available for Intel® UHD Graphics 630.

However, when I go through the update process, I get an error and a message saying it can't be installed and I need to refer to my manufacturer for upgrades. 

My MSN number is 30026173

I have entered this into the software downloads/drivers area and it says there are no downloads. 

How do I update this please (and if anyone has any possible solutions for either problem other than doing so, please let me know)? My Nvidia drivers are up to date. 

Thanks

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
martinmt
Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@Major_ToM wrote:

Hi @martinmt ,

sry for the late reply, but are you still experiencing this probs in full screen mode?
For sure you can use the drivers we place from time to time on our service website, but in general you receive the most recent driver for your component by
a) having the NVidia GeForce Experience software installed

b) searching the recent driver via the device manager

Did you take notice of our special driver update FAQ?

Cheers

Major ToM

Yes my Nvidiia is up to date. I can't open your link to the FAQ - it is asking for authorisation and not accepting my details. 

However, I have managed to resolve both issues (though I still haven't been able to update my Intel graphics driver).

For Citrix - I had specifically read that their latest versions of their software no longer required anyone to use their citrix uninstaller app to clean out non-working or old versions. Well after trying and failing for hours, I decided to try using it after all (the uninstaller) and guess what - yes it fixed my problems. I reinstalled a clean citrix receiver app and it's now working fine. 

For the full screen video - it occured to me that I was streaming within Chrome and I hadn't set Chrome to use high performance (i.e. Nvidia) settings rather than the Intel core graphics. I changed that and I also enabled high quality video playback in the settings. I suspect the former fixed it rather than the latter - but it now seems to be working fine. I'll mark this as closed. Thanks for the responses. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @martinmt 

try it in the service area / driver with input of md61367 or x6807
good luck, bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
martinmt
Apprentice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@Fishtown wrote:

Hi @martinmt 

try it in the service area / driver with input of md61367 or x6807
good luck, bye Fishtown

Thank you @Fishtown - that did throw up some drivers. I managed to install some of them OK and I did find an Intel graphics driver but when I went to install it I was told it was not compatible (and was a manufacturer's driver). So no further on with the Intel graphics or my issues. 

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @martinmt ,

sry for the late reply, but are you still experiencing this probs in full screen mode?
For sure you can use the drivers we place from time to time on our service website, but in general you receive the most recent driver for your component by

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
martinmt
Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@Major_ToM wrote:

Hi @martinmt ,

Cheers

Major ToM

Yes my Nvidiia is up to date. I can't open your link to the FAQ - it is asking for authorisation and not accepting my details. 

However, I have managed to resolve both issues (though I still haven't been able to update my Intel graphics driver).

For Citrix - I had specifically read that their latest versions of their software no longer required anyone to use their citrix uninstaller app to clean out non-working or old versions. Well after trying and failing for hours, I decided to try using it after all (the uninstaller) and guess what - yes it fixed my problems. I reinstalled a clean citrix receiver app and it's now working fine. 

For the full screen video - it occured to me that I was streaming within Chrome and I hadn't set Chrome to use high performance (i.e. Nvidia) settings rather than the Intel core graphics. I changed that and I also enabled high quality video playback in the settings. I suspect the former fixed it rather than the latter - but it now seems to be working fine. I'll mark this as closed. Thanks for the responses. 

4 REPLIES 4