2 ANTWORTEN 2
Provokedx2
Beginner
Nachricht 1 von 3
1.399 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 3
1.399 Aufrufe

Medion Erazer p6689 BIOS Password not accepted

I recently added an admin BIOS password. The password was 9 characters long with one capital and one number. upon restarting the laptop and entering BIOS. The password box appears but will not let me enter my full password. It stops at 8 characters.  

Any help is appreciated

2 ANTWORTEN 2
daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 3
1.394 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 3
1.394 Aufrufe

@Provokedx2 

This is normal.  The password can only be eight characters long.

So in fact the first eight characters out of the nine characters you entered make your valid password.

If unfortunately one of the set characters was not recognized while entering the new pw, you must systematically enter the pw's with the first, second, third, fourth etc character left out.

But this should not has happened, because while confirming your new pw you then should have made the same faulty entries during confirmation, otherwise the PW wouldn't have been accepted. Or your keyboard gives faulty signals.

regards, daddle

Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 3 von 3
1.386 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 3
1.386 Aufrufe

Hi @Provokedx2 and welcome

the Caps Lock key may have been active when entering the password or is now active.

Then writing big and small is the other way around.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
2 ANTWORTEN 2