Did you mean: 

Medion Erazer X6807 - Control Center - Game Security Violation Detected

12 REPLIES 12
kitburden
Trainee
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Medion Erazer X6807 - Control Center - Game Security Violation Detected

So I bought this laptop to game and edit on. But ever since getting it its had issues with 'Easy Anti-Cheat' and has literally stopped games from being able to be played or launched because of the 'GamingCenter.exe' as part of the Control Center Medion use.

An easy fix to this was for me to go to task manager and end the GamingCenter.exe however this means that my laptop no longer has temperature monitoring and will no longer boost fans enough to combat the strain gaming puts on the CPU and GPU.

Unintalling ControlCenter completely will solve the issue of launching games, but then I am yet to find another way to access the Fan's System or settings in order to regulate the temperature. I've tried many but none can access or change fan speed. This seems like an endless loop where I can not play games because of the control center and yet I can not play games without the control center because my laptop will over heat and shut down to protect itself.

Seems like a pretty big oversight for a Gaming Laptop.

Any tips or work arounds would be appreciated!!

12 REPLIES 12
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

HI @sweetpoison ,

@sweetpoison  schrieb:

What happens if Control Center is blocked in firewall?

this is imho rather unlikely, because the settings (fan, keyboard) are generally working without firewall contact...unless.. anti cheat effects thos settings from itself.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

That was a shoot in the dark as I was thinking of spyware infection for game center exe file. Scrap that. 

A quick search on internet for "easy anti cheat game security violation detected" reveals something else. There are a lot of problems caused by that program (easy anti cheat that is). 

[Quote]

• The most common causes of in-game security breaches are either mouse/keyboard errors or certain incompatibility problems with RGB controllers.[/quote]

Also lots of suggestions about how to fix the problem regarding the specific code #0000000d

The most basic (and easy to do) fix: Close the lighting control software. In task manager, locate the exe file which control the light (Lightservices.exe, SelLedV2.exe, mycolor2.exe or whatever name have) and kill the task. That would do.

Since there are only a few games which use easy anti cheat program I won't go further to suggest how to permanent disable that exe file.

Good luck.

kitburden
Trainee
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

And here you see the crux of the problem. Shutting down the exe causing the game not to be able to run is the very first thing I tried. Yes it worked and I could launch the game but then my laptop doesnt have the fans working as intended. This lead to the laptop after 20mins of gaming shutting down without any notice from (what I assume is) overheating due to not being able to use its control center. I did explain this in the original post but yeah, I have tried this a few times, tried using work arounds like MSI afterburner and FAN control. but they do not allow me us interact with the fan in this model because (from what I could find online) its a laptop and the fans cant be moderated by those programs.

Any other ideas would be great!

12 REPLIES 12