cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medion Erazer P6681- Wrong bios on medion.co.uk page?

SOLVED
3 REPLIES 3
bk420
New Voice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Medion Erazer P6681- Wrong bios on medion.co.uk page?

Hello all,

Today I have reinstalled Windows 10 as I wanted a clean PC. Naturally, after windows installation was done I went to Medion Driver page and wrote my MSN Number (30022543) and based on that I have received a list of drivers.

image.png

Without thinking twice I have installed the 1st item in the list: BIOS UPDATE MEDION AKOYA E643X/P640X/P667X/P668X Version: 2.12 -

Please note that this is the list of drivers that I received based on MSN Number. 

Problem is, now, I cannot install my NVIDIA GTX 1050 driver. I have tried the driver provided by the Medion page based on MSN Number, I have tried GeForce Experience, or manually downloading the driver. All these methods fail and the general error is compatibility Issues. 

At this point, I have installed CPU-Z and I have found out that the model of the mainboard is E15KR. Please note that also the graphics interface version below is not mentioned as probably the wrong BIOS version is not recognizing it? 

image.png

The 1st BIOS that I have installed recommended based on MSI Number description is: 

image.png

It seems that is not for my series, ERAZER, P6681.

I have also downloaded the second version of BIOS v2.12, the second item in the 1st picture shown above, however, when I try to install it, this is what happens :

image.png

Current ID seems to be E15K and my mainboard based on CPU Z Specs is E15KR. This might be the reason why my pc is not detecting the NVIDIA Card when trying to run the driver. Also, the description of the 2nd item BIOS in the list matches my PC Series, but I cannot install it.

I have contacted Medion via phone and they told me they will look into it and come with an answer in 5 working days max time, but I am trying to fix it faster as gaming is the reason I purchased this laptop.

Reference Number for Medion:  139350732

Please help me to update the BIOS version to the correct version for my PC, Medion Erazer P6681 - MSN 30022543

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bk420
New Voice
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

I have solved this problem. I leave my notes and comments here for anyone else who ends up in this unlucky situation.

What I did, Ive extracted the 2nd driver in the 1st picture from initial post, I have extracted the .exe file using 7z. In the folder, there is a platform.ini file. Open it using edit.

[Bios_Version_Check]
Flag=1
CheckByBios=0
CheckByBiosErrorMessage="This BIOS file is not allow to flash. The flash process will be terminated."
;This flag is the switch of checking BIOS version.
;Flag (dwsDWS)

I have modified Flag=1 with Flag=0 and run the executable file called H2OFFT-W.exe

System restarted, completed the update and the video driver is now as well installed.

All the best.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
bk420
New Voice
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

I have solved this problem. I leave my notes and comments here for anyone else who ends up in this unlucky situation.

What I did, Ive extracted the 2nd driver in the 1st picture from initial post, I have extracted the .exe file using 7z. In the folder, there is a platform.ini file. Open it using edit.

[Bios_Version_Check]
Flag=1
CheckByBios=0
CheckByBiosErrorMessage="This BIOS file is not allow to flash. The flash process will be terminated."
;This flag is the switch of checking BIOS version.
;Flag (dwsDWS)

I have modified Flag=1 with Flag=0 and run the executable file called H2OFFT-W.exe

System restarted, completed the update and the video driver is now as well installed.

All the best.

Tags (2)
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @bk420,

thanks for your post. The 1st Bios had by fact been assigned wrong, so we erased it from the download list.

It would be nice to mark you question as solved by clicking the approriate "Solution button" on the right underneath of the solving answer.
This helps other Commmunity users with similar issues to solve their problem faster, cause your initiated TOP is then marked as "already solved"

Regards,

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
bk420
New Voice
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@Major_ToM

I have marked it Solved. Thanks!

I have also made a phone call yesterday to Medion Customer Support and let them know about this issue before I solved it. They opened a case for my problem and gave me this ref no 139350732. Is it possible to let them know that the situation is now solved and I no longer need this ticket? I tried to contact them over the phone, however, after waiting 20 minutes I just gave up. 

All the best!

3 REPLIES 3