3 ANTWORTEN 3
Aztxx
Beginner
Nachricht 1 von 4
1.120 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 4
1.120 Aufrufe

Medion Erazer P5370 - Storage Upgrade

As of late the SSD has been slowing A LOT, and to the point that games run faster on my hard drive, i checked on crystal disk info and my ssd has just crossed the 1000TB write mark, and so i bought a new NVME SSD to replace it. What i didn't know (and would never have known if my friend who is a technician pointed this out) is that the original SSD is not an NVME SSD but M.2 SATA. So ive just spend $200 on a new drive and it doesnt even work. was wondering if there would be any way around this or do i have to go out and buy an entirely new SSD. 

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
3 ANTWORTEN 3
Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 4
1.119 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 4
1.119 Aufrufe

Hello @Aztxx and welcome

please enter your MSN number. (is usually below the computer)

Since there is no M.2 slot in the stored P5370 neither for PCIe nor for SATA.

Or did you reinstall another board?

bye Fishtown

Edit:  I found one =  P5370E / MD8866/ MSN 10021376/  Board: ECS B150H4-EM with only M.2 SATA mode supported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
mnmetry
Newcomer
Nachricht 3 von 4
899 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 4
899 Aufrufe

I have Medion P5370 E MD8866 MSN 10021376 i am trying to upgrade SSD M2 the current one 250GB I got Samsung 980 PRO 500 GB but the motherboard does not recognize it I change all the settings as I know but still not deducted. any idea

Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 4 von 4
881 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 4
881 Aufrufe

Hello @mnmetry  and welcome

see the contributions before yours!

M.2 SATA only

(1 x M.2 (2260 and 2280 size with flexible standoff, only SATA mode supported)

your Samsung 980 PRO 500 GB is a PCIe

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
3 ANTWORTEN 3