annuler
Affichage des résultats de 
Rechercher plutôt 
Vouliez-vous dire : 

Medion Erazer P15805? Using for music production.

2 RÉPONSES 2
sairane67
Beginner
Message 1 sur 3
1 477 Visites
Message 1 sur 3
1 477 Visites

Medion Erazer P15805? Using for music production.

Hello, I am looking at a Medion p15805. I've read some of the old posts on Reddit about medion and they don't give me much hope. I am looking for 6 cores, 16gb ram & at least 256GB SSD. Does anyone know what MHz is the ram and SSD on this laptop? Is this laptop worth £1050? Thanks

2 RÉPONSES 2
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 2 sur 3
1 471 Visites
Message 2 sur 3
1 471 Visites

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask about music production. Medion insist and there are focused on budget gaming units.

I'm saying this because I have 2 friends which are (were) in music production and both found (after many tries) best equipment to use. For music processing the choice was for an AMD based computer for high efficiency on compressing music compared to intel CPU while for compositions was an Apple as best choice for real time process on connection keyboard/midi software.

In your place I would find a musician and see what he use and why. Above all, you might consider a PC over laptop since audio cards seems to have a great deal in music production, 

My point is you ask about if a gaming computer is good for music production which by default are so different ways to use a PC. For example: fror music you might want to focus on CPU power more than GPU power.

I might be wrong but from experience I know gaming and music production does not mix in terms of hardware. Let's see what other people think about this.

Cheers

edit: forgot to mention don't search answers on youtube. 

Slartibardfast
Apprentice
Message 3 sur 3
1 383 Visites
Message 3 sur 3
1 383 Visites

Probably a bit late to comment, but anyway.

I use a P7651 (MD 60806). i5-8250-U, DDR4 RAM, GTX 1050 4GB.

I did not buy it for DAW use.  I have a Desktop System for that.  I use Cubase Pro 10.

But I thought I would try it out as it can be convenient to use the Laptop from time to time, and I was curious to see how it performed.

I fitted the Laptop with 16GB RAM and larger SSD's.

Using the onboard Audio Adapter is hopeless even with ASIO4ALL.

However, the performance was transformed using the Steinberg UR22 USB Audio Adapter and can cope with large Projects with fairly heavy VST use.  Audio Monitoring Latency (i.e. recording Electric Guitar) is more of an issue and to a lesser degree MIDI Keyboard, depending on the amount of VST and their demands.  Some are very demanding, others not quite so much.

I wouldn't want to use it as the workhorse but I found it works better than I had expected.

The key seems to be keeping the Audio Buffer fed without interruption, but there are a variety of reasons that can be compromised even if all the Hardware is decent or even more than necessary.  It can be a bit of a minefield.

Anyway, I don't know if this helps at all.

2 RÉPONSES 2