Medion Erazer P15805 Unresponsive keys

6 REPLIES 6
SDean18
New Voice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Medion Erazer P15805 Unresponsive keys

Hi 

My daughter spends more time playing Roblox on my laptop than I spend doing anything on it, Tonight several keys have become unresponsive, The L, D, R and the Arrow up buttons will not do anything, Does anyone have any suggestions please? I’ve tried to find a replacement keyboard to give me an idea of cost if that’s what it is, but a matching one seems impossible to find?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @SDean18 

enter your MD number here:

https://www.medion.com/medionserviceshop/welcome

For example, there is a German keyboard for € 17.53 and a Dutch keyboard for € 23.95 (residual amount available)

if you search under P15805

but don't you still have a guarantee?

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
SDean18
New Voice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the reply. I think I bought the laptop in April 2020 so I wasn’t sure if the guarantee was still in place or how to Check if It was. 

i lifted one of the unresponsive keys off and tried to press it underneath, still no response so I’m not sure if just replacing the keyboard will actually work. 

Thank You for the links. Do you know if the keyboards you linked were an exact match? No pictures available.

KB_MED
New Voice
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi SDean18 

Depending on the retailer you purchased the unit from this can depend on how much warranty the unit would have come with. 

You can contact Medion by email if the trouble shooting does not resolve the issue. -  hotline@medion.com 

To attempt to resolve the issue you can try a factory reset on your device, however please be aware any saved Data will be removed so please back this up

PLEASE NOTE DOING THIS YOU WILL DELETE ALL YOUR DATA PERFORM A EXTERNAL BACK UP BEFOREHAND
1, Restart your computer and TAP "F11" as you do so to enter recovery mode.
2, Wait a few minutes for Windows to load the files.
3, Select "English" from the language menu and click "Next." Click "Restore to HDD" either with "no backup of user data" to erase all content or with "backed-up user data" to restore your configurations. Click "Next."
4, Click "Next" throughout the following screens to confirm the options
5, Click "Restart" when prompted to finish the recovery process.

SDean18
New Voice
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Unfortunately the factory reset didn’t work 

KB_MED
New Voice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi 

We are sorry to hear the factory reset has not worked.

Please contact Medion Directly VIA email and we can assist with arranging a repair for you. 

Email address - hotline@medion.com

Kind regards

KB_MED

SDean18
New Voice
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for the replies, I’m still

waiting on a reply from Medion directly. Slow progress. 

6 REPLIES 6