MEDION ERAZER X7853 camera issue

5 REPLIES 5
RobM-UK
New Voice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

MEDION ERAZER X7853 camera issue

Hi All,

First post, I have purchased MSN: 3002 2560 in 2018 and I am happy with it, I do have an issue with the onboard camera. While I could see it in device management showing as "Chicony USB 2.0 Camera" in windows camera app was not seeing it, I have gone through all the camera settings and tried turning everything on relating to camera and apps using camera. I tried uninstalling the camera and drivers, then check for hardware changes but nothing is showing up.

Launched microsoft team and it's not detecting a camera. Next I run the diagnostic app and it reports no issues however, there is no camera check done or option to do a custom check where I can test camera. Windows is up to date. I am asking if anyone can assist me please.

Many Thanks

Rob

5 REPLIES 5
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@RobM-UK 

Is the camera listed in device manager? 

Did you switch the camera on? There is a on-off switch for the camera, you know?

---> Manual  Page 27/ 28 

Bye, daddle

RobM-UK
New Voice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

@daddle  for some reason at the time I could not get it to work even though I was using the fn and camera button on F key as I noted on manual. Yesterday I was working. hmmmmmm Could be user error of some kind. It is now working perfectly. Thank you.

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@RobM-UK 

I do not understand. So the cam did work, or not?

RobM-UK
New Voice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

This is the thing, I could not get it to work prior to my post. I left it off for few days and when I rebooted I found it working perfectly and being able to switch it off/on. So no idea what happened. All I can say it's working.

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@RobM-UK 

The full Reboot after happened, I guess.

Much pleasure with it. It's always nice if things do work.

Regards, daddle

5 REPLIES 5