cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEDION ERAZER X17803 (MD 61441) UK W-ifi Disconnects & Keyboard Light control keeps popping Up

1 REPLY 1
acharris_77
Beginner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

MEDION ERAZER X17803 (MD 61441) UK W-ifi Disconnects & Keyboard Light control keeps popping Up

Hi all, need some advice. I posted a while back that I have had issues with Medion Erazer X17803 Gaming laptop is disconnecting from the Wi-Fi quite often. If I game for 3 hours I get at least 7 Wi Fi disconnections and re-connections, but on Ethernet it never disconnects from the network. I have checked all power saving features and turned them off, check the BT smart hub and changed channels and everything and still the same. Update the drivers for the Wi-Fi card to the latest using the Intel software as Medion don't provide their own driver downloads. It is getting annoying now as Ethernet ain't practical with the laptop all the time. 

Also I don't know if it is linked, but you know the Fn & F4 brings up the keyboard brightness adjust bar top left of the screen, that is popping up and going off every few seconds and I can't find a way to disable it as no keys are stuck or anything. Any help is appreciated as I have had it just over a year and it is now getting annoying and wish I could sort it out. Thanks again.

Anthony

1 REPLY 1
Travis_FM
Beginner
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the internet connection, I have a few suggestions that may hopefully assist in this matter.

First of all, if the laptop is far away from the wireless router it may not be receiving a consistent connection which will cause a connection drop in a lot of games, I understand you said the issue doesn't arise when playing on a wired connection so by the sounds of it, it seems like there is an issue with the strength of the Wi-Fi connection reaching the laptop. I would always advise a wired connection for gaming, especially modern games as even a slight dip in connection for a short period of time can cause the game to disconnect for you. If this is not a possibility you may want to look into purchasing a Wi-Fi booster for your router as the signal going to your laptop may be improved and consistent enough to stop disconnects.

I would also recommend updating your drivers but I appreciate you had mentioned about doing that already so I would try seeing if it's the connection strength between you and the router and going from there. 

In regards to your Fn/F4 key issues, this shouldn't be related to the internet but we would like to have a look into this more for you so if you are able to contact Medion either by phone (0333 3213106) or via email (hotline@medion.com)

We will be glad to assist with any issues here.

1 REPLY 1