SOLVED
3 REPLIES 3
tacomaster07
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

MD 85031 Keyboard Left Ctrl + Left Shift + P Not Working

Hello!

I've recently encountered a strange issue where using a specific key combo isn't working. I only see this issue using the left control key, left shift key, and P together. It works fine using right ctrl and shift keys or a combination of left and right. I have the MD85031 driver software installed and I've tried restoring the keyboard defaults but no luck. I've also tried a different keyboard and the key combination works fine. Has anyone seen anything like this before or have any advice?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @tacomaster07 ,

have you tried to test this specific key combo using the on-screen keyboard?

If it does not work then it is probably software/configuration/compatibility related.

If it does work, then it may be a hardware fault

Regards,

Gehringer

View solution in original post

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hello @tacomaster07 and welcome

as you can read on the internet, the problem arises often.

I don't have a solution, but if you absolutely need it on the left, maybe a way out.

you can use the key combination right Ctrl + right Shift + P Save as a macro (see operating instructions, pages 11-14) for example on "G5" and you would thus since this button is on the left, this bypasses the problem.

bye Fishtown

source:

https://cdn.medion.com/downloads/anleitungen/bda_md85031_en_es.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @tacomaster07 ,

have you tried to test this specific key combo using the on-screen keyboard?

If it does not work then it is probably software/configuration/compatibility related.

If it does work, then it may be a hardware fault

Regards,

Gehringer

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hello @tacomaster07 and welcome

as you can read on the internet, the problem arises often.

I don't have a solution, but if you absolutely need it on the left, maybe a way out.

you can use the key combination right Ctrl + right Shift + P Save as a macro (see operating instructions, pages 11-14) for example on "G5" and you would thus since this button is on the left, this bypasses the problem.

bye Fishtown

source:

https://cdn.medion.com/downloads/anleitungen/bda_md85031_en_es.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
tacomaster07
Beginner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Thank you both for your replies!

I have tried in the on-screen keyboard and with a different keyboard and the combination works fine on both so I'm going to assume @Gehringer is correct and that it's a hardware fault.

Using a macro is great advice as a workaround and I'll be doing that going forward if I end up needing that combination.

Thanks again! 🙂

3 REPLIES 3