Did you mean: 

M.2 SSD upgrade compatibility?

1 REPLY 1
pepsiguzzeler
Newcomer
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

M.2 SSD upgrade compatibility?

Hi there, I have a Medion P6661 erazer laptop, MSN300217373, I'm looking to upgrade the Ram and SSD, for the SSD, I'm finding conflicting information about compatibility, the slot is M key compatible, but others have reported NVME PCI SSDs do not work on this model, is this true, and what is the fastest M.2 SSD I can install onto this laptop? The current installed SSD is a SATA B + M compatible SSD. 

Lastly, the battery is pretty poor now, are there any large capacity batteries available for this laptop? The current installed SSD is a SATA B + M compatible SSD.

1 REPLY 1
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hi @pepsiguzzeler ,

on your MEDION AKOYA P6661 Skylake model we use DDR3 dual channel SO-DIMM modules (PC3-12800) which run on a max of 1600 MHz with 1,35V. The max evaluated RAM storage capacity of each slot is 8 GB.

The unit has one SATA port (up to 6 Gb/s, max 2 TB capacity) and one 1 NGFF M.2 (2280) port up to 6Gb/s and a evaluated max.capacity og 512 GB.

Major_ToM_1-1721393246167.png

Does this help?

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
1 REPLY 1