Did you mean: 

Loss of Multi Monitor Support option

7 REPLIES 7
malgpz900
New Voice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Loss of Multi Monitor Support option

Hi All, hope you can help. Erazer P6705 with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics. I have lost the option to add multiple displays. Just bought the machine used. The option was there when I first bought it. Any suggestions. I have tried reinstalling the driver for the graphics card, from Nvidia website.

May thanks,

Malcolm.

7 REPLIES 7
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hello @malgpz900 and welcome

What are you looking for! the graphics driver?

http://www1.medion.de/downloads/index.pl?op=detail&id=18557&type=treiber&lang=uk

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
malgpz900
New Voice
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

@Fishtown 

thanks, I'll give that a try later. I already have the latest version driver installed 477.7. I notice the link is for an older version of the driver. Is 477.7 version not compatible with the P6705?

May thanks @Fishtown 

Malcolm.

malgpz900
New Voice
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@Fishtown tried the older version of the graphics driver still no option to have multiple/external displays. I'm sure the option was there when I got the laptop last week. I've tried reinstalling windows.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hello @malgpz900 

unfortunately I do not understand what you mean by "the option" has been lost! you have connections for:

1x HDMI 1.4 Out
2x mini DP 1.2 / 1.3

15.2.Connecting an External Monitor

The Notebook has two mini diplay ports as well as an HDMI port for an external monitor. `Shut down your Notebook correctly.`Plug the external monitor’s signal cable (not included) into a mini display port on the Notebook. Alternatively, you can use the digital HDMI connection (High Definition Multimedia Interface) to transmit picture and sound signals.`Connect the external monitor to the mains and switch it on.`Now switch your Notebook on.

switch with FN + F7

Display Switches: the screen display between LCD, external display and duplicate display.

bye Fishtown

Edit/ useful: N857EK1= N850EK1_SM

https://my.hidrive.com/share/yze8mg-wf8#$/CLEVO%20Service%20Manual%20Books/N_Series/N8/N8xxEx/N8xxEJ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
malgpz900
New Voice
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@Fishtown yeah, tried both those options as detailed in the manual, neither works. I only have an HDMI cable to try the external monitor. I'm reluctant to buy another mini DP cable if its a hardware issue. I've got a call out to Medion Support to see if its still covered by warranty. The fn/ f7 shows the different display options, but monitor is saying no HDMI signal.  Thanks for your help though.

Malcolm.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi @malgpz900 

Often times the HDMI cable is faulty try another one.

or if you don't have another.

Test the monitor with HDMI cable on the TV set. so you can test monitor and cable

bye Fishtown

malgpz900
New Voice
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Yeah, tried different HDMI cables and also plugged monitor with HDMI cable into another laptop and it worked.

7 REPLIES 7