cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lower the fan speed on Medion x25 beast?

1 REPLY 1
ricsi1012
New Voice
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

How to lower the fan speed on Medion x25 beast?

Hello

I have some problems with controlling the fan speed of my notebook.

The following details of the model of my device.

MSN: 30031784

MD: 63835

I've tried to use the control center, but installing that install that to my computer, couldn't go over 30% processor performance. Same to the GPU, doesen't matter what I did, so I had to uninstall it. For some reason, any other fan speed controller sofwares can't control the Medion's fans.

I've tried the two main sofwares:

Control Center Service Software MEDION ERAZER Beast X25
Version: 3.33.24.0

Control Center UWP App MEDION ERAZER Beast X20/X25
Version: 3.33.29.0

The serial number written on the bottom of my second-hand bought laptop doesn't match with the details found on the offical webside (the display is different). The offical website's detail say it contains TFT but in my laptom i found IPS type. The MSN number of my laptop (the medion windows diagnostics: 0001 can not be found on the medion.com). I want to ask that is there any function or software on my lapton that exatly display or reprezent the details.

Can anything go wrong if I install the wrong contor center to my laptop?

Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1
mats749
Tutor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hi @ricsi1012 

Reducing the fan speed will increase the heat. If the fans are working too hard, first check to see which resource is being used. For example, is it the GPU, CPU or both? Is a certain program using too much? I’d certainly recommend looking at the temperatures displayed in the command centre. If they get too hot, you will see signs of thermal throttling.

You should be able to use either version of the command center however the later versions tend to have more features. 

You can check the Serial number and MSN in the BIOS, the MSN will be located at the end of the SKU number. The MSN is showing that this unit has BOE NE173FHM-NZ1 panel which, after checking the spec's is a TFT panel. 

Thanks! 

Mats749

1 REPLY 1