Did you mean: 

Glass panel on Eraser Engineer X10 stuck

4 REPLIES 4
irishswiss
Newcomer
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Glass panel on Eraser Engineer X10 stuck

Hi everyone, my son decided to take a peek inside his Erazer Engineer X10 to see how it worked 😬 (it was unplugged) but when putting the glass panel on the side back on, he put the top in first so to speak, and of course now the bottom won't go in, and I cannot remove it. I don't want to force it/lift up the panel to see whether it unhooks. The "release" button at the top of the panel is blocked. Does anyone have any ideas? Will it matter if the panel hangs free so to speak? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me. 

4 REPLIES 4
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@irishswiss 

Hi:

I do not have the InWin 301 PC housing. But to see it from a general point it doesn't harm the Computer itself if the door stands upside down. as long as there is no large gap that would allow the cooling air to escape the wrong way.

And you have to be sure it doesn't fall out suddenly by itself.

On the other hand the glass panel might be feeling  stuck, but it should be possible to loosen it again , by gently moving it back and forth; and thus find the scope for the direction in which the glas plate can be released from the clamping. 

May be somebody else with the same housing has some more tips.

daddle

JamieC1
Beginner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@irishswiss wrote:

Hi everyone, my son decided to take a peek inside his Erazer Engineer X10 to see how it worked 😬 (it was unplugged) but when putting the glass panel on the side back on, he put the top in first so to speak, and of course now the bottom won't go in, and I cannot remove it. I don't want to force it/lift up the panel to see whether it unhooks. The "release" button at the top of the panel is blocked. Does anyone have any ideas? Will it matter if the panel hangs free so to speak? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me. 

Hi,

I have a suggestion that will help you to solve your problem. If the glass panel on the computer is stuck, try to wiggle it gently to loosen it. If it doesn’t work and you’re worried about breaking it, it might be best to ask for help from someone experienced. It’s usually okay if the panel isn’t properly in place for a little while, as long as it’s not covering any important parts.

I hope my suggestion will helpful for everyone.

Best regard,
Jamie

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@JamieC1 

Hi Jamie, actiually you just repeated my suggestions  from Post 2. But may be your English is better than mine. 😦

On the other hand @irishswiss  didn't think it is necessary and polite to answer my post at all in 8 days time

Quite funny.

daddle

JamieC1
Beginner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@daddle wrote: @publixpassport

@JamieC1 

Hi Jamie, actiually you just repeated my suggestions  from Post 2. But may be your English is better than mine. 😦

On the other hand @irishswiss  didn't think it is necessary and polite to answer my post at all in 8 days time

Quite funny.

daddle

Oh sorry, I didn't read your answer. I only read question and replied it. If I made any mistake then I will apologize for that in advanced. 

4 REPLIES 4