Did you mean: 

Fans not working Correctly

52 REPLIES 52
NinoR
Newcomer
Message 1 of 53
Message 1 of 53

Fans not working Correctly

I downloaded the new Control Center for my Medion Erazer x25 beast, and now the fast are not working properly anymore. When I want to set my own graph for the CPU I can barely edit it and it starts off all over the place. When I don't set my own graph the fan speeds stay at idle (31%) and dont go up even if the cpu is 95 degrees celcius. Does anyone know what I have to do?

52 REPLIES 52
gtsuit
New Voice
Message 11 of 53
Message 11 of 53

Reinstalling the control centre with the latest version, though the version number seems to be unchanged, does get the fans above 31% for me, but now they vary between 50 and 56% and won't go below or above. 

The button doesn't appear to change modes any more and I think it's stuck on Office, though the fans are audible. 

I get the pop up that the mode has changed but the fan speed doesn't and it's still inadequate. I still can't manually set any fan speeds with the control centre. 

Edit - Just wiped the entire computer and reinstalled Windows. Great.

Turbo mode is officially non existent. Back to 31% fans. 

Mauricee
Trainee
Message 12 of 53
Message 12 of 53

Thank you for these promising solutions. I am also desperately looking for a solution for hours. Nothing works. The best, my fans hang at 30% and even the browser makes my laptop overheat.... cool.
Well, hopefully one of Medion has an idea how they can straighten out this crap.

gtsuit
New Voice
Message 13 of 53
Message 13 of 53

Since it's got to be BIOS I can't think of one single thing to do. Maybe a new control center would work, but none of the existing ones I've tried do any more and it's not as if they pump them out on a regular basis. 

We're dependent on Medion issuing a BIOS update that doesn't turn their machines into junk. 

NinoR_
Apprentice
Message 14 of 53
Message 14 of 53

I'm planning on calling their support number tomorrow. Has anyone already tried that?

gtsuit
New Voice
Message 15 of 53
Message 15 of 53

I've already emailed them. Maybe there's something straightforward that they can do. 

Mauricee
Trainee
Message 16 of 53
Message 16 of 53

no, not yet. was hoping it was a minor problem and the community already had a solution. Well. i'll call tomorrow too. the more the merrier. let's put some pressure on it. i didn't buy this laptop just for fun in the first place. i'm also pretty dependent on its performance.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 17 of 53
Message 17 of 53

Hi @NinoR_ @Mauricee @gtsuit ,

thanks for your feedback, did you take notice of this recent FAQ ?

This is a SW related issue, but we´re working on it.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Mauricee
Trainee
Message 18 of 53
Message 18 of 53

Hi Tom, yes, I have already tried that. Unfortunately, in the end, the missing functions were still not there.

I am glad to hear that you are trying to fix this problem.
Greetings.

NinoR_
Apprentice
Message 19 of 53
Message 19 of 53

@Major_ToM Yeah I have tried that two times in total and both times it didn’t cause a change

gtsuit
New Voice
Message 20 of 53
Message 20 of 53

Medion service replied to my email telling me to send the machine in without acknowledging the actual problem. 

Since this is clearly a clash between the BIOS update and the control centre I don't see what possible use sending it in would do. Unless they like keeping updates on the premises. 

52 REPLIES 52