Erazor Medion Notebook X7851 is stuck on boot screen

3 REPLIES 3
amby
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Erazor Medion Notebook X7851 is stuck on boot screen

Hello, 

I have been struggling to start up my laptop for a few days now. When I go to turn on the laptop it starts up and goes blank and repeats to boot screen where it shows the Erazor Median Logo and loading circle symbol and then goes blank and repeats. I have tried to hard reset, but its not worked. I can't get through to factory settings and I have tried to boot from USB but it has also not worked. I tried everything thats come up while searching online but nothing has worked!! My laptop was fine before and while using it was completely fine. 

Any help is appreciated! Thank you all

3 REPLIES 3
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Welcome to the forum  @amby 

From your description: Medion logo with a spinning circle is actually windows loading logo (customized) so what happens is related to operating system or HDD mode.

What you can do, press F2 while the laptop starts to get to BIOS (uefi) and see on display information (usually on main tab) if what shows match what you suppose to have (CPU, RAM amount, HDD). I know we have different BIOS (uefi) but that's an example for what you suppose to look at

If anything loos a bit off like less RAM or missing HDD drive contact Medion Customer support.

Second step, see how the HDD is set. Search for SATA mode option and have a look at the set up AHCI, SATA or Legacy. Remember what option is set and change it. Reboot and see if the windows starts. 

Also check the boot order in case you have more than 1 HDD (or SSD)

Explanation: from those 3 sets which I mention windows will work only for one set while for the other 2 will act just as you described in original post. 

If changing the SATA mode doesn't fix the problem it might be an operating system problem like missing or altered boot partition, missing system files and such.

Booting from USB is a bit tricky and involves changing USB mode depending on BIOS (uefi) version.

See first how goes with SATA settings.

Cheers

amby
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I'm not sure this means. Any help is appreciated. Thankyou

Snapchat-1552799262.jpg

Snapchat-545218398.jpg

Snapchat-196727466.jpg

Snapchat-1439693598.jpg

ot rly sure what any of this means. 

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

On BIOS (uefi) Advanced => SATA Mode Selection you can try the other settings aside AHCI.

https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/Erazor-Medion-Notebook-X7851-is-stuck-on-boot-screen/t...

It should be there a Legacy and SATA mode and maybe a Compatible option. Try one at the time, save and reboot and see if your windows starts. If still nothing good happens set it back to AHCI and you might need to seek professional assistance but be aware, don't let anyone open the laptop unless is certificate by Medion in order to preserve the warranty. 

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3