Erazer fan extremely loud

5 REPLIES 5
BobDylan1966
New Voice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Erazer fan extremely loud

Hello

I bought my son a Erazer Gaming Notebook Crawler E10. From the moment we bought it (therefore the problem shouldn't be dust), the fan has been extremely loud whenever he plays fortnite on it - it is so loud that he can barely hear his friends!

Is this normal?  Is there anything I can do in settings? I couldn't find any options regarding the fan.

Sorry, I know nothing about computers so please speak to me as if I'm an idiot if you are kind enough to reply!

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
mats749
Tutor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi @BobDylan1966 

Welcome to the community, 

The crawler E10 may have the command center installed, This command center will allow you to adjust the fan profiles. You can type "Command center" into the search box on the task bar and this will allow you to open the program. 

When gaming, the fans will be on however there are a lot of variables involved.  For example, If the graphics settings are too high, it will cause the GPU to work harder which will cause more heat generation in turn the fans to work harder. 

If you feel like the fan noise is excessive or strange, please contact your local medion service support. 

Thanks 

Mats749 

BobDylan1966
New Voice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply.

It doesn't seem that my laptop has a 'command center' or a 'control center'.

You say contact "your local medion service support" - how does one do that? 

It's very frustrating, we can't even hear films/programmes properly as the fan is so loud!

BobDylan1966
New Voice
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Actually, I think I have found it!  Is this it?   Needless to say, I'm not overly sure what I should do with it!  

Thanks again

BobDylan1966_0-1660666871407.png

mats749
Tutor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi @BobDylan1966 

You'll be able to set the fan profile to custom and adjust the fan speed, Although I see that its already set on Automatic which will use the best fan profile for the temp of the computer. What temperatures are you seeing when playing a game ? 

Thanks 

mats749 

BobDylan1966
New Voice
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Thank you for replying, I appreciate it.

While playing with the fan being loud, On the blue on it says 81 degrees GPU. And the pink one says 85 degrees CPU.

is that normal? 

5 REPLIES 5