Zedders
Trainee
Bericht 1 van 4
4.127 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 4
4.127 Weergaven

Erazer X7859 Screen/Start up problem...

Hello all....

Well this brand new Erazer X7859 continues to disrupt my mental state...

My nightmare continues as yesterday when I powered it on I have no display.... no logo... and no acces to the bios... the screen is kind of dead but the keyboard lights up. I've contacted the seller on eBay and they are happy for me to return it but suggest I talk to the Tech Support at Medion to see if there is a solution to my problem. I will contact them today and see where we go from there.

Any help/suggestions very much appreciated and a great big heads up to all the help people have given me so far with other issues.

Cheers

Zachariah

1 GEACCEPTEERDE OPLOSSING

Geaccepteerd Solutions
Zedders
Trainee
Bericht 4 van 4
4.100 Weergaven
Bericht 4 van 4
4.100 Weergaven

Hello everybody

OK just a quick update.... my Erazer is now booked back to Medion for repair. It has been an absolutely refreshing experience as the people over at Medion HQ could not be more helpful and professional, hard to find with corporations these days! So thanks to all again and for the Kudos.... loving the community spirit and I shouldbe up and running on my X7589 pretty damned soon....

My regards

Zachariah

Bekijk de oplossing in de community in het oorspronkelijke bericht

3 ANTWOORDEN 3
Gehringer
Retired
Bericht 2 van 4
4.126 Weergaven
Bericht 2 van 4
4.126 Weergaven

Hi @Zedders,

I am really sorry for your problem.

Since you have mentioned that you have no access to the BIOS I would recommend you to perform a factory settings reset.

Please back all your data up prior to perform this process because it will erase them and all programs you have added/removed after receiving the product will need to be reinstalled/uninstalled.

If you decide to go forward with that, please follow instructions on page 33 of your user guide.

Regards,

Gehringer

Zedders
Trainee
Bericht 3 van 4
4.121 Weergaven
Bericht 3 van 4
4.121 Weergaven

Thanks Gehringer just got off the phone with the Tech Support at Medion.... they are great... this was one of the options we tried, holding F11 whilst booting but it's still the same resulting blank screen with lit keyboard. They said I could send it in for repair should I want to but I need to talk with the retailer first and see which way they want me to go with, return to them or send to Medion.

One way or the other it will be resolved but thanks for supplying a possible solution.

Regards

Zachariah 🙂

Zedders
Trainee
Bericht 4 van 4
4.101 Weergaven
Bericht 4 van 4
4.101 Weergaven

Hello everybody

OK just a quick update.... my Erazer is now booked back to Medion for repair. It has been an absolutely refreshing experience as the people over at Medion HQ could not be more helpful and professional, hard to find with corporations these days! So thanks to all again and for the Kudos.... loving the community spirit and I shouldbe up and running on my X7589 pretty damned soon....

My regards

Zachariah

3 ANTWOORDEN 3