BoOoMSt1cK
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 4
27.780 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 4
27.780 Aufrufe

Erazer X6819 Upgrade

Hi,  
I currently have to Erazer X6819 MD97908 (MS16-F2 + GTX570) and what thinking about a graphics upgrade, I have been looking at Either GTX770m or GTX970m.

I have been reading forums and currently it is possible for MSI laptops with a modified VBIOS but not sure if i can do the same with my Erazer as it may be slightly different from the GT683 Which It is a white book of.

Can anyone help me on this as i dont want to waste money on something and Possibly damage my laptop

Thanks

3 ANTWORTEN 3
Major_ToM
Professor
Nachricht 2 von 4
26.982 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 4
26.982 Aufrufe

Hi @BoOoMSt1cK

we can´t recommend to swap the GTX 570 up to a GTX 770 or higher, because the whole cooling system is matched to this combination of CPU/GPU.Using a more powerful GPU would produce more heat, so that you also would have to adjust the cooling system to prevent the system from higher temperatures.

It may work with the current VBIOS, but I´m definetely not shure

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
BoOoMSt1cK
New Voice
Nachricht 3 von 4
26.679 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 4
26.679 Aufrufe

Is the GTX 970m not lower heat output and lower voltage?

I thought this would be my best option

Thanks

BoOoMSt1cK
New Voice
Nachricht 4 von 4
13.174 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 4
13.174 Aufrufe

Hi,

Just to let you know for future rreference - i did the upgrade via a guy in Canada on E-bay, i bought a GTX 970m MXM 3.0B card from the factory - he took the details of my Erazer and had the vbois flashed - i had to modify my heatsink a little bit and it works great!!!!

There is a noticible difference in performance and there is less heat (GPU max temp - 78 degrees) while gaming.

3 ANTWORTEN 3