BoOoMSt1cK
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 3
9.412 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 3
9.412 Aufrufe

Erazer X6819 Screen Failure

Hi 

I recently upgraded my GTX570m for a GTX970M 6gb - everything ran fine for a few days then i booted yp my laptop and the screen was black - completely dead!

i have checked in the bios and device manager and it does not detect the screen - as if it isnt there......

I'm running on an external monitor with the HDMI connection and that works ok

Is this a common issue and are there any known compatible laptop LED backlit screens that i can replace it with

I have opened the screen housing and there is a number LTN156HT01-101 LTN on the sceen edge and also another 2 numbers LJ97-03243A and LJ96-05574A  - the last number is related to the screen number of an ASUS 53S.

I was wondering - are laptop screens quite interchangeable if it is the same type of backlight and display port (40 pin) connection

I have seen some that say make sure it has same backlight - LED, same connection - 40 pin, same size and resolution, and also which side the connection is on

Any help with this would be appreciated

Thanks

2 ANTWORTEN 2
Major_ToM
Professor
Nachricht 2 von 3
8.682 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 3
8.682 Aufrufe

Hi @BoOoMSt1cK,

remember this thread we thisdussed your "upgrading topic" in march including my statement?
I´m not shure, what exactly happened, but I fear, that you´re in deeper trouble.

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
BoOoMSt1cK
New Voice
Nachricht 3 von 3
3.046 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 3
3.046 Aufrufe

Hi,

Sorry i did not get back sooner what working away

I found out the trouble and solution via Notebook Review site

It turns out EVGA Precision + Window 10 + Nvidia drivers + Samsung screens - have a bit of an issue

First thing i was asked what "did you install EVGA Precision" - it turns out did it corrupts the screen firmware

I only installed it to adjust the fan speeds, not to Actually overclock the card

I had to install Ubuntu on a usb stick and go through a lengthy process to rewrite my screen bios - the GTX 970m was fine

The laptop is running beautifully now and no more issues so far - simply a coincidence it happened after fitting my new graphics card - Which Actually runs much cooler than the GTX570m i had originally

I would warn any other Erazer users not to install EVGA Precision overclocking or similar software

Thanks for the advice and concerns

i'll let you know if i have any more issues

2 ANTWORTEN 2