SOLVED
6 REPLIES 6
DistraughtBanan
New Voice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Erazer X40 Issues

Hello,

I would like to know if Medion is doing anything to try to fix the issues plaguing the erazer beast x40 with rtx 4090. I've tested 3 units so far and all of them will randomly crash and restart when playing more demanding games (doesn't seem to be a temperature issue or leave an event log). It could last for anywhere between a few minutes and an hour before going to BSOD. I've tried every fix I could find online, nothing seems to help.

I've heard that some manufacturers such as XMG have put out BIOS updates which have fixed these issues, but I cannot find anything from Medion. I would like to know whether to wait for a fix, or get a refund if one isn't coming.

Cheers,

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DistraughtBanan
New Voice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hello there,

Thank you for the response and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I am in contact with the medion customer service department, so don't want to confuse things by giving you the serial number etc. too.

They sent me a bios and firmware update - both of which I applied and did not fix the problems. I've just seen another post on this forum with the same issue. What I wanted to know is if Medion is specifically addressing the 4090 instability like other sellers. From what I can find, they have not acknowledged that this issue exists.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hello @DistraughtBanan and welcome to the community.

I am sorry that you are having problems with your X40 laptop.

Please send me your serial number via private message.
It would also be good to know which bios version is currently installed.

Greetings,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
DistraughtBanan
New Voice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hello there,

Thank you for the response and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I am in contact with the medion customer service department, so don't want to confuse things by giving you the serial number etc. too.

They sent me a bios and firmware update - both of which I applied and did not fix the problems. I've just seen another post on this forum with the same issue. What I wanted to know is if Medion is specifically addressing the 4090 instability like other sellers. From what I can find, they have not acknowledged that this issue exists.

Trom84
Contributor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@DistraughtBanan 

Hallo

May i ask how this Problem was solved?I habe the same issue with my x40.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Trom84 ,

n fact, there is an update of the bios (V 1.23 MED08), installation via device manager) and the EC (V 1.14), which you can download here.

The package also contains release notes and of course we expressly point out that the execution of the update is at your own risk.
Medion AG accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss of data or hardware or software errors that occur as a result of carrying out the update. The customer recognises this when executing the update.

If you have further questions regarding this update feel free to ask.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
DistraughtBanan
New Voice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

The BIOS updates seem to have made it more stable, but my X40 will still white screen on certain programs. Are there more updates in the works to fully fix the problem? I can't say that I'd ever risk buying a Medion product again.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi @DistraughtBanan ,

we have the information, that the manufacturer is ciurrently having an eye on this issue and will provide feedback soon, which might occur with delay due to CNY.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

6 REPLIES 6