Did you mean: 

Erazer X30 Beast won't boot.

0 REPLIES 0
JoRo1973
New Voice
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Erazer X30 Beast won't boot.

I bought this back at the end of April and was very happy with it initially. It was ideal for photography (probably over spec) and worked great with Photoshop and Lightroom and the Canon bespoke software.

I posted a few weeks back about an issue with the power adaptor and Medion very kindly replaced that. That is now working fine, however when I've come to use the fully charged laptop this morning it's turned off after about 20 minutes and now won't turn back on. It was on the battery when it turned off. 

The only thing I managed to do was enable Secure Boot, as Windows recommended, and download an 845Mb neural filter in Photoshop. The screen just went black and the machine turned off (no power down or anything). 

When I try the power button it lights up for about 25 seconds but nothing shows on the screen and then goes off again.

I've tried the charger, thinking the battery was drained and that's working fine but it won't come on even with the charger plugged in.

Ive also tried it connectrd to a second monitor but it shows nothing. 

No boot screen either and it won't go to Bios with the F8 key (assuming that's the one - no indication on the screen and can't find any info anywhere). 

When it's working the laptop is a dream but I've had it over a month now and have been unable to use it for more than half that time. It's very disappointing to have had two major problems within days of each other and seemingly unconnected. 

If anyone can offer any advice on the powering off issue I'd appreciate your feedback. I really don't want to be sending it back as all of my photography work is linked on it.

Spec is an Erazer X30 Beast, don't have much more detail as I can't turn it on. Model number is MSN 30033991.

Edit 28/05, 13:09 - Right. It's been charging when I noticed the power light flashing next to the charging LED. Laptop powered up, Windows loaded, on battery again. I tried Photoshop and it immediately went off again. 

Came back on when I pushed the power button. Photoshop loaded but when I tried the neural filter from above it turned off again.

It's currently charging (though it's never been below 90%). The battery got warm but no more than I'd expect, warm not hot. 

I've used PS before so I'm not sure it's that. I wonder if Secure Boot is doing something when PS runs. That really is the only environmental change there's been in the machine. I may roll that back and try it. 

0 REPLIES 0
0 REPLIES 0