Erazer P7643: Not enough memory error when edditing pictures

1 REPLY 1
Reinout
Beginner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Erazer P7643: Not enough memory error when edditing pictures

Hi all, hope you can help me out!

Since a week my P7643 gives an error when editing pictures. "not enough memory". 

It's not a SDD issue, more than enough space. I ran a benchmark test and the grapichs card came back at 4%. 

Could it be that I just need to add 8Gb RAM or could it be an issue with the graphics card? 

If it's the RAM, a couple of follow on questions:

• Do I need to buy the same DDR3 that's in there already? (one slot is free)
  • Is there a tutorial how to replace it yourself

Thanks a lot for you help!

Reinout

1 REPLY 1
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

@Reinout welcome to the forum,

Your problem as you described is 100% related to the photo editor. Just as well as I get same "insufficient memory" error on my editor but I admit I'm too stubborn to replaced with a more updated version. In my case there's the program settings which explains the errors

That RAM usage is set for all the work space including 10 levels of undo and I was ok 15 years ago when a picture was about 200kb. 

Try a different photo editor or update the existing one for 64bit OS and if you find a RAM limit preference set it up to at least 16 GB. That would solve the problem. Even if you have only 8Gb installed windows will manage to allocate as much as the program needs using pagefile.sys

As for adding more RAM, yes, same memory bank will spare you of any troubles. What you need to consider is frequency and latency. See what you have installed and search technical info to find a match. Manufacturer is not important as long is same MHz and same CAS (latency).

Cheers

1 REPLY 1