Erazer P6705 add RAM

SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
AnaParra
Beginner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Erazer P6705 add RAM

I would like to add RAM to my laptop, but I can't find the instructions for my specific model and I'm worried about a card screwed under the battery that doesn't appear in other P67XX guides.
I know it's my risk, but I have a RAM that I can add to it and right now I can't leave my laptop at a service centre for several days.

MSN 30026020
Erazer P6705 i7-8750H

Thanks in advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @AnaParra 

Strange! what do you mean by map?

do you mean that with the two not shown screws that hold a card?

is probably new and was forgotten to draw. The two screws can also be seen on page 2-5 / Removing the battery.

You may have to loosen it to remove the bottom. just try it out.

bye fishtown

edit: I know what it is. Your on / off switch is located there according to the spare parts list (Power SW Board).

edit1: you don't need to take out the two screws, look here: 

N58.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @AnaParra and welcome

RAM: 1x 8192 MB DDR4 SO-DIMM (PC4-19200 / 2400 MHz)
(1/2 belegt; 32 GB max.)

you have a barebone clevo N857EK1, look here for instruction , page 2.6-2.7 and 2.9

Service manual :

https://my.hidrive.com/share/yze8mg-wf8#$/CLEVO%20Service%20Manual%20Books/N_Series/N8/N8xxEx/N8xxEJ...

load N850EK1_SM(20180502).zip

bye and good luck Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
AnaParra
Beginner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thank you very much for your quick response.
For some reason my laptop seems to have a few extra steps.
There is a card in my laptop under the battery that doesn't show up in the manual and won't allow me to remove the cover (attached picture) (https://i.gyazo.com/7c70cd65d81f643eda285cde619940f0.jpg).
Any idea what it could be and if it is safe to remove it?

Many thanks and Happy New YearERAZERP6705.jpg

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @AnaParra 

Strange! what do you mean by map?

do you mean that with the two not shown screws that hold a card?

is probably new and was forgotten to draw. The two screws can also be seen on page 2-5 / Removing the battery.

You may have to loosen it to remove the bottom. just try it out.

bye fishtown

edit: I know what it is. Your on / off switch is located there according to the spare parts list (Power SW Board).

edit1: you don't need to take out the two screws, look here: 

N58.png

Wilson69
Newcomer
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for the Information. I will try to Figure it out more on dunkinrunsonyou

4 REPLIES 4