cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erazer P6661: screen flickering/completely black at certain angles - LCD cable?

3 REPLIES 3
MattJ
New Voice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Erazer P6661: screen flickering/completely black at certain angles - LCD cable?

Hello,

About a year ago my laptop screen started flickering when it was kept at certain angles. This happened more and more frequently until it got so bad that it only stopped flickering/going completely black when I adjusted the angle of the screen to very specific positions. I assumed that this had something to do with the LCD cable so I carefully took off the front cover of my laptop and seem to have found the source of the problem (please see attached image below)My screen continuously flickers/goes off unless this cable rests in specific positions. 

Is it possible to replace this part and, if so, can I buy the specific part through Medion? My MSN: 30020355 and MD: 99873. Thanks in advance for any responses!

LCD cable?LCD cable?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @MattJ ,

This cable is part of the LCD panel, I don't think it is sold separately.

You can check all the spare parts available for your unit on this link here

Regards,

Gehringer

MattJ
New Voice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your response @Gehringer ,

I've done a bit more research and found out that its called an EDP cable. Fortunately it is sold separately on the service shop but not specifically for my laptop model. Its suitable for MSN: 40057125 but its says its a suitable alternative so I'll give it a go. 

Cheers

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @MattJ ,

if Medion service shop indicated you a suitable replacement it is because both products are perfect substitutes, so you shouldn't have any issue.

Thanks for getting back to us and let us know if it solved your problem

Regards,

Gehringer

3 REPLIES 3