cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erazer P10, can anyone recommend a PSU replacement that will fit in the Inwin 301 case?

2 REPLIES 2
grejon
Trainee
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Erazer P10, can anyone recommend a PSU replacement that will fit in the Inwin 301 case?

The PSU is a 650W inwin one so I'm assuming 650W replacement should be fine. From what I understand the place to fit the PSU is not that big and not all PSU's will fit, is this correct? Could anyone recommend me a high quality PSU that will fit in this case and that doesn't make a ton of noise like the original one does? thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @grejon ,

you generally can expect lots of support from our forum members, but as a first step you have to deliver the details.
We sell lots of different configurated MEDION ERAZER P10 models with Inwin X31 housing ans since only a few people here in the forum are wizards, it would be better, for us to have more specific PC facts.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
dcuk7
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Any standard PSU will work. Something from Corsair, BeQuiet or Cooler Master will be fine. Don't cheap out if you do replace the PSU. Pick a reputable brand and check reviews to make sure the 80+ bronze/silver/gold/platinum claims hold up.

I don't know if you saw the other thread about the noisy PSU but someone in there changed their motherboard and their PSU ran quieter. I changed my motherboard today (the stock one is useless when using XMP memory) and I can confirm the PSU fan no longer runs at full pelt under the slightest load. It is still loud compared to most PSU's but my God the difference is night and day.

I assume the Medion board isn't adjusting the speed via the controller or just pulls too much voltage. Either way, I'd recommend swapping to a better motherboard. Not only will it make your system quieter, you'll be able to use much faster RAM and hopefully better cooling on the VRM's so the processor can perform at its maximum for longer. Be careful with the size as this case is quite restrictive. The board I went with is the MSI B560M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX. This just about fits and also gives you 4 slots for memory. Don't forget to add more standoffs to screw the board into like I did! This board doesn't have a slot for the Wi-Fi so bare that in mind when choosing your board (I use ethernet so not a problem for me).

2 REPLIES 2