Did you mean: 

Erazer P10 - Caps Lock Popup

4 REPLIES 4
Kagenite
Beginner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Erazer P10 - Caps Lock Popup

Simple problem, whenever I press capslock or numlock I get a little popup telling me that they've turned on or off.

Not a huge issue but really distracting while gaming and hitting capslock multiple times.

Doing some digging online I found the culprit program in the PHotkey folder, but messing with that seems to interfere with all the pop ups and controls.

Does anyone know how to disable the popups for capslock or numlock only?

Thanks

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Kagenite , welcome to the community

The problem might be related to "Windows Ease of Access"

Before hunting down PHotkey which might hold the access to different functions take a look on windows settings and disable pretty much everything regarding keyboard ease of access. In one way or another by default those options will interfere with gaming sooner or later (as result of fast keyboard press or hold). If whose settings can't fix the popup problem you have to hunt PHotkey, prevent it from loading with windows and create a shortcut in case you still want to use it when not gaming.

See first if windows ease of access solve the problem.

Cheers.

Kagenite
Beginner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hey there, thanks for the help. I quickly disable any ease of access as soon as I setup a new device, so it definitely isn't one of those (I did go double check). I guess disabling it is the only option, it's not in startup programs that I can see but I can pull it out the folder and enable it I suppose, unless anyone else has a better option.

Really dislike OEMs not making a disable option.

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

It's worth a try to look at System; Notifications & Actions.

If you're lucky the App which does the pop up will be there and can be disabled. Otherwise only the program which does the pop up can cancel that if the option is available.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Kagenite 

take a look to see if you have this setting

https://vbjbagm4m4gshjzp342sewvuhu-jj2cvlaia66be-superuser-com.translate.goog/questions/1011573/how-...

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
4 REPLIES 4