cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erazer Engineer X10 - MD34815 Bios upgrade ?

5 REPLIES 5
Mezza
Trainee
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Erazer Engineer X10 - MD34815 Bios upgrade ?

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help, I've tried updating the BIOS from the Gigabyte site with the F21 version but it always gives and error.

Where can I obtain the latest BIOS for the B660 DS3H AX ?

I've bought some new memory that is on the compatible list but I'm unable to get it running at full speed and I suspect it is due to the old BIOS that is installed ?

Any help is much appreciated.

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Mezza
Trainee
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

No one from Medion can advise on this ? Seems amazing there is no help with this ?

I do feel like this is a computer I should not of bought.  It feels as though although it is advertised as have a Gigabyte board in, it has been nobbled by a Medion BIOS and no future support!

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Mezza ,

generally MIcrosoft provides all Bios updates via the Windows update functionalyty, but you will also have to include the optional updates.
What´s the recent Bios version, you have eintalled on your system?

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Mezza
Trainee
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hey @Major_ToM ,

I do have optional updates enabled in Windows 11 but there is nothing showing there.

The board is a B660M DS3H AX DDR4

Bios version is 100

Dated: 01/19/2022

Which seems way behind anything that Gigabyte are publishing as you can see here https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B660-GAMING-X-DDR4-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

It probably aligns with their Version F3 dated 01/20/2022 and there have been 6 new versions since then ?

Be nice to get to at the very least F20 as this is to improve DDR Compatibility. Not to mention the latest update which Addresses blank display while system powers up with RTX3060 series graphics cards.  Which is something I do get randomly.

Appreciate your input, and hope you can find a solution to get the BIOS up to date.

Thanks

Mezza

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Mezza ,

thanks for your answer, you can download the bios version V 1.03 from this link.
As you see in a comparison of the the revision of Gigabyte and our naming you can´t really compare both versions.

The execution is described in detail in the file BIOS_UPDATE_GIGABYTE_B660M.pdf included in the download package and since the process is a bit more complex, we have to point out, that MEDION does not assume any liability for possible data loss as well as hardware or software errors that occur due to the execution of the update.

If you have any further questions, we can of course help you.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Mezza
Trainee
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Major_ToM ,

Thank you I will give that a try later today and let you know how I get on.

Have a great weekend.

Mezza

5 REPLIES 5