3 REPLIES 3
Hoarder
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Erazer Defender P20. Fitting a Second Hard Drive

Hi,

Hello All,

I have just bought a Medion Erazer Defender P20 and would like to fit a second SSD inside the case.  I have looked in the user manual, but cannot find;

1.   How to open the case, I have removed all (13) of the screws and assume I need to insert some sort of tool to prise between the upper & lower parts of the case?  As it's a brand new machine I am reluctant to simply start inserting screwdrivers into random areas!  Can anyone tell me who makes the case & what model is it?

2.  What type of SSD drive do I need?

3.  Can anyone tell me who makes the case & what model it is?

Hope someone can help

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hello @Hoarder, and welcome to the community.

The clips that serve as fasteners in addition to the screws can be loosened most easily by carefully using a credit card or similar.

Regards,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hello @Hoarder, and welcome to the community.

The clips that serve as fasteners in addition to the screws can be loosened most easily by carefully using a credit card or similar.

Regards,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Hoarder
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thank you EastClintwood for your reply. 

I used an old credit card as you suggested, started at the middle-rear of the case and worked outwards, there are two difficult/stubborn clips under each screen hinge, but once they were loose, the bottom of the case came apart fairly easily. 

There actually is provision for a second hard drive, I added a 1TB Samsung SSD.

With a bit of detective work, I have found a user manual for the Case & Motherboard - it's a Clevo ESM7, the Medion Erazer Defender P20 seems pretty much identical to the Clevo NP70PNP & NP71PNP which the manual is actually for - this also gave me the clue to start at the rear of the case & gave instructions for the fitting of the drive.

Thanks again !

EastClintwood
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hello @Hoarder,

Thank you for the information and have fun with your MEDION ERAZER Defener P20.

Regards,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

3 REPLIES 3