cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erazer Crawler E50 camera and mic issue (+ RGB keyboard fixed to one color but side problem)

2 REPLIES 2
TRUkae
New Voice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Erazer Crawler E50 camera and mic issue (+ RGB keyboard fixed to one color but side problem)

Hello ! 

Bought my E50 like .. 6 months ago ? and never tried the camera (never had too). But today I had the unpleasant suprise to notice that the camera is broken. Same goes for built in microphone (it worked fine til now, but I've always been using headset hence not the built in mic)

I've tried to look for fix online but no success so far.. basically :

• my camera is enabled in the erazer control center TRUkae_0-1711466001105.png
  • it's on, the led is on too so I know it is
  • however, during preview and calls, the camera shows nothing but a grey blackish screen like there is something hiding it (there isn't. I had a cover that I opened then removed cause it was getting on my nerves. There is nothing in front of the camera)

I've tried with the Camera app (Windows), Discord, Teams, Zoom.. nothing works

for some reason, the microphone doesn't work either

I've tried to : 

• check if the drivers were up to date (they were, for both camera and mic)
  • camera is my main issue (as microphone works with external one) so I tried to look for the latest driver back on MSI website, when pushed live, windows says that I already have a "better" version installed
  • tried to reinstall driver (uninstalled my camera and microphone from device manager then restart PC to reinstall)
  • tried to download latest driver pack from Medion using this https://www1.medion.de/downloads/?op=search&lang=fr&type=TEXT&param=medion latest being "Package De Pilotes Ordinateur Portable MEDION ERAZER Crawler E30e/E50/Scout E30/Defender P50/Deputy P60" on jan 1st 2024, sadly there is nothing to download (file size 0.0 bytes) same goes for the previous one (nov 2023)

I don't know what else to do tbh .. cam is BisonCam NB pro

I also have a question regarding the RGB keyboard.. when the PC is booting up, the colors switch from to another, however while it's running, there is only one color used ? In the control center, I can override the boot effect and pick one color but I don't see anything to enable a switching color thing

TRUkae_1-1711466428922.png

which is odd.. cause if the PC can do it when booting up, it can do it any other time too aka when running ? 

that's just a detail tho so if there is no "fix" I don't mind, just thought it'd be cool

the camera is a bugger however.. any fix ? 

thanks ! 

2 REPLIES 2
TRUkae
New Voice
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

FYI I tried to test my camera on a website that does this and well .. 

TRUkae_0-1711467260488.png

apparently my cam is used by something .. problem is I have nothing running but my browser with this forum so... and it doesn't tell me this when I run test on other stuff like Teams

TRUkae
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

TRUkae_0-1711467549762.png

and here a preview from within windows settings.. still that grey thing 

windows diagnostic doesn't offer any help (doesn't spot any problem actually)

2 REPLIES 2