Engineer P10 no longer boots up

3 REPLIES 3
mathieuf
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Engineer P10 no longer boots up

Hello all!

A while back I bought an Engineer p10 pre-built pc for gaming, and have used it for the past month or so with no issues whatsoever. About a week ago, there were very strong thunderstorms in my area in which I live, and I was playing a game on my PC when all of a sudden, power went out in my house, causing the PC to shut down. When i turned power back on in my house, I powered my PC on once again, and about 10 minutes later the power went out again, leading to the pc powering off as well. When i turned the power back on for a 2nd time, I tried turning my pc on but I couldn't. I would press the power button and nothing would happen. The pc shows no sign of life whatsoever, and I have tried turning it on many times, holding the power button while it's off to get any extra power out, but none of that has helped. Does anyone have advice on what i should do?

Thank you very much in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hello @mathieuf  and welcome

ideally your socket has no power since you certainly only use one that has an overvoltage protection switch.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
mathieuf
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hello @Fishtown  and thank you for the reply, but I do not use any special socket whatsoever, and I do not use any over voltage protection in my house too!

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @mathieuf 

But you can check whether there is electricity at the socket!

If that is the case, you had to find out what is defective through elimination procedures or by measuring:

power supply unit, on-off switch , mainboard ect.

Do you have the possibility to install another power supply!

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
3 REPLIES 3