4 REPLIES 4
sisu
Beginner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

ERAZER LAPTOP IS NOT WORKING WITH HP DOCKING STATION

Hello All,

Please give your suggestions. 

I have erazer x25 beast laptop. MSN 30031692 30031692 . i have bought hp thunderbolt g4 280w docking station. 

when I connect my laptop and docking station via usb c cable, my external monitor is not starting up, everything in my laptop stucks. my mouse pointer don't move, screen freeze at all until I disconnect  my usb c cable. 

i updated all windows update, all HP docking station firmware and medion drives aswell. 

Please help me to fix it. 

@Fishtown 

Thanks

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hello @sisu and welcome
your Beast x25 (barebone Tongfang GM7ZG8P * )
has a USB-C / +DP port that supports a monitor with the appropriate adapter.

But he has no Thunderbolt function because this is not supported by AMD Ryzen 9 Mobile 5900HX .
bye Fishtown

* https://fccid.io/2AKHFAX200NG/User-Manual/AX200NGW-UserMan-5174928.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
sisu
Beginner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@Fishtown thanks for your quick response. As per your suggestion Hp Thunderbolt G4 280w will not work with my laptop. Is ther any way to trick it to use. or Will this Docking station works. Please let me know your thoughts.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hello @sisu 
I don't know of such a trick as the AMD processor can't do it.
Your link to the other docking station is also Thunderbolt, so it doesn't work either.
Which devices do you want to connect with it?

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
sisu
Beginner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@Fishtown Thanks for your quick response. I would like to connect three monitors and four USB Ports for keyboard, mouse, headphones and one audio jack for external speakers.

4 REPLIES 4