SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
Ectheliontnacil
Beginner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

ERAZER Engineer P10 is too loud

Hello all,

I am increasingly bothered by the noise produced by my engineer p10 pc. As soon as I start it, it is already annoyingly loud, cpu and gpu temperatures can be 30-40 degrees and there's still a VERY audible buzzing sound. 

I actually suspected my GPU fans or the two fans in the PC case, but even if you turn them off completely, the PC is very loud. As far as I can tell, the noise comes from either the disk or the power supply fan (or is there anything else that could cause excessive noise?). 

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and if there are any suggestions as to what I could do to fix this. 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ectheliontnacil
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for your reply! Actually, I managed to resolve the issue myself (kind of). 

Turns out that my GPU was attached too tightly and made contact with some other parts, which caused a very loud clicking sound. Because this occurs even at very low GPU fan speeds, I initially thought the sound had to come from somewhere else. 
Additionally, the PSU fan can be annoyingly loud (as well as my disk lol), but as far as I know, there is nothing I can do about that.

In case anyone else is experiencing a similar issue, here is a helpful video on the GPU fan problem. Solution for the Zotac 3060ti shroud noise - YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Ectheliontnacil ,

have you tried to change the fan configs as explained in this topic here?

Regards,

Gehringer

Ectheliontnacil
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for your reply! Actually, I managed to resolve the issue myself (kind of). 

Turns out that my GPU was attached too tightly and made contact with some other parts, which caused a very loud clicking sound. Because this occurs even at very low GPU fan speeds, I initially thought the sound had to come from somewhere else. 
Additionally, the PSU fan can be annoyingly loud (as well as my disk lol), but as far as I know, there is nothing I can do about that.

In case anyone else is experiencing a similar issue, here is a helpful video on the GPU fan problem. Solution for the Zotac 3060ti shroud noise - YouTube

2 REPLIES 2