Connecting two external screens over Thunderbolt

11 REPLIES 11
ElPadrino47
New Voice
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Connecting two external screens over Thunderbolt

Hello,

I recently bought the following adapter to connect two external screens to my laptop. https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07H11ZHPW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works seamlessly with my work laptop (HP Zbook), however when I try to connect it to my ERAZER X7857 the laptop does not detect another display. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and stay safe everybody,

Niklas

11 REPLIES 11
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

hi @ElPadrino47 

could yu give me the MSN number of your laptop and also post the specs of your other laptop (the connectivity specs) I'll take a look at both and see if I can figure it out.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

ElPadrino47
New Voice
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Hi @TPFLegionaire ,

Thanks a lot for offering your support!

The MSN number of the Erazer is: 30023331

The other laptop is the HP ZBook 14u G5

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-ZBook-14u-G5-i7-8550U-Pro-WX-3100-Workstation-Review.305308.0.html

Connections
2 USB 3.0 / 3.1 Gen1, 1 USB 3.1 Gen2, 1 Thunderbolt, 1 HDMI, 1 Kensington Lock, 1 Docking Station Port, Audio Connections: 3.5 mm combined headphone and microphone jack, 1 SmartCard, 1 Fingerprint Reader, NFC

Thanks again - let me know if you need anything else.

Best,
Niklas
wRatte
New Voice
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

I have also been struggling with this issue.

I also have the Erazer X7855 and I cannot see Thunderbolt in my device manager. I tried searching for drivers for this (Because I'm assuming this is just drivers related), but I don't know which Thunderbolt controller version to select during the driver manual installation attempt, etc.

ElPadrino47
New Voice
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Push

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

hi,

@ElPadrino47 
@wRatte 

Sorry about my lack of feedback....I am going to escalate that to Germany to see if they can help.

Thank you for your patience

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

wRatte
New Voice
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Thank you! 🙂

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

hi @ElPadrino47 and @wRatte 

take a look at this response and let me know if this goes some way in solving your issues:

Normally You should get a message in Windows when a new Thunderbolt 3 device is connected.

With this message you  can grant access to the device, and Windows automatically installs the correct drivers.

But from your question of the I understand that you do not get any message at all.

It is also strange that no Thunderbolt device is found in the device manager. Maybe the Thunderbolt drivers aren’t correctly installed with the customer.

You can download the drivers from: http://www1.medion.de/downloads/download.pl?lang=nl&filename=thbx7855_57_w10.exe&id=17755&type=treib...

It is also recommended that you perform all Windows updates.

I hope this helps a bit 😊

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

wRatte
New Voice
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Unfortunately that didn't help.

I now have "Thunderbolt Software" version 16.3.61.275 installed and my keyboard and mouse still works fine through the thunderbolt port (as before), but no screen detection.

Also, when I run the Thunderbolt Software program, I see no devices listed in its "Attached Thunderbolt Devices" (Also reads "Attached Devices Chains") window.

So for now I'm still swopping screen cables each time. Any new suggestions?

In the Thunderbolt Software details screen, these are the version numbers:

Software Package Version: 16.3.61.275

Application Version: 16.3.61.14

Service Version: 16.3.61.3

Controller Driver Version: Unknown

Networking Driver Version: Unknown

wRatte
New Voice
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Also, I still don't see Thunderbolt in my Device Manager. I checked the "System Devices" section as well..

11 REPLIES 11