cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot remove back panel of Medion Erazer Deputy P10 (Upgrading Ram)

5 REPLIES 5
Bainesy
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Cannot remove back panel of Medion Erazer Deputy P10 (Upgrading Ram)

There are 10 screws around the edge of the laptop that I can unscrew just fine, they come out without issue. Then, in the middle (will attach a picture,) there are two screws that are unable to be taken out. Once they are seemingly about to come out, they kind of 'click' back down and cannot be unscrewed.

I'm not sure if this is intentional or if there's an issue with the screws.

If this is intentional, what is the proper way to remove the back in order to get to the RAM?

If not, should I contact Medion and get the laptop repaired, and if so, would it fall under warranty, as the laptop came with an issue like this? 

MD61876

MSN30029471

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

The screws in the middle are the ones that won't come out.

Snapchat-689798697.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi @Bainesy , welcome to the Community!

I am certain that there will be an experienced Erazer Deputy P10 owner around here who will help you finding the answer you are looking for.

Regards,

Gehringer

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Bainesy ,

did you solve your problem,ordo you need additional assistance?
As a fact you have to remove all 12 screws from the lower case.
Afterwards you´ll have to use a certain, very slim opening worktool (height of a credit card) and drive around the whole unit, which can be turn out to be a bit complicated.

Maybe you can give us feedback, if you were successfull

Cheers,

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
bet
Beginner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi! I've got the same problem (Deputy P10 MSN30031015).

I could remove the smaller case located on the battery with a lot of effort, but no luck on getting the main case off. I saw that under the smaller battery case there is an additional screw to remove, but even after I did unscrew it, it won't come off. I would greatly appreciate any advice, I'm planing to add a second internal hard drive and some extra RAM.

Best regards!

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi @bet  and welcome

your Deputy P10/ MSN30031015 / MD62132 have a 512 GB M.2 PCIe SSD

you cannot install a 2.5" HDD/SSD, see here:https://community.medion.com/t5/FAQs/FAQs-f%C3%BCr-die-Notebook-ERAZER-Deputy-P10-Serie/ta-p/113765

there it is:

If your notebook already has a hard disk smaller than 2 GB, it can be upgraded to 2 GB (2.5 inch SATA 6 Gb/s HDD). Please note that the overall height must not exceed 7 mm. If your notebook was only delivered with an SSD, it is not possible to retrofit a hard drive.

to open your device we could ask @bursche99  how he got it open. he has a post on the german site.

https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/2-Platte-f%C3%BCr-Erazer-Deputy-P10-MD-63665-wo-ist-de...

Moin bursche99, would you be so kind as to briefly explain to us how it works best, thank you.

bye Fishtown

Edit:RAM: you have 1x 8192 MB DDR4 SO-DIMM  (1/2 Slots covered; 32GB max.) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
bursche99
Trainee
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

hier stand Unsinn, edited for stupid post

5 REPLIES 5