Did you mean: 

Can't turn off Performance mode

4 REPLIES 4
Spurga
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Can't turn off Performance mode

I've bought a Medion Erazer Deputy P10 fairly recently and I'm generally quite happy, but an issue has popped up, where whenever I start up a game it goes into Performance mode which results in high temps and very loud fans. Now that is fine on demanding games, but it does that even on older titles, that definitely don't need the extra power.

At the start, I could just press the Windows key and select the 'Balanced' mode in the Control Centre and it would be fine for that game from then on. However, recently, the Windows key does not work in games and when I Alt-Tab to the Control centre, it automatically changes to Balanced, but when I maximise the game, it goes back to Performance mode. That is the case for many of the games I've tried out recently, regardless if it's a 2003 pixelated mess or a modern AAA title. I definitely don't need Performance mode for most games but I have no idea how to stop it from activating, or changing it once it is active.

P. S. I've already throttled my max CPU speed in the power plan options to prevent overclocking.

4 REPLIES 4
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Spurga, and welcome to our Community. 

Can you tell us your MSN number as there are different versions of the Deputy P10. You can find the number on the bottom of the laptop and it should look like this MSN: 300XXXXX

Greetings,

EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Spurga
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

Don't know why the answer is in Dutch, but I assume you want to know my MSN number. My MSN number is 30029490.

I have already updated the control centre with the newest available update if that helps.

EastClintwood
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hello @Spurga,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. The problem has been passed on to the relevant department and as soon as I receive feedback I will let you know here.

Best regards,

EastClintwood 

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
EastClintwood
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Spurga,

I have received an answer from the department responsible for the solution:

The changes should not be made in the Control Centre, please select balanced in the energy settings.
Then use the key combination 'FN + 3' to switch between Office and Gaming mode as required for your needs.

In the tests, the mode remained unchanged even during games.

Please inform us if this does not solve your problem.

Greetings,

EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

4 REPLIES 4