Can’t Access BIOS or Change Boot Order

0 REPLIES 0
user404
Newcomer
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Can’t Access BIOS or Change Boot Order

Hi everyone,

I recently encountered an issue with my Medion Eraser P15609 laptop after replacing the M2 SSD.

Here are the details:

1. Problem: After installing a new compatible Crucial M2 SSD and restoring the disk image, my laptop wouldn't boot into Windows. Instead, it hung on the Medion loading screen. The workaround I had to use to start Windows was to enter the Insyde H20 BIOS using F2, then select Boot Manager and manually click on “Windows Boot Manager” under “EFI Boot Devices”. After reading around for solutions, it seemed that one possible fix was to change the boot order (unfortunately not possible in my version of the Insyde BIOS)...

2. Attempted Solution: A different solution I came across was to use the F9 restore to default option in the BIOS settings. However, after doing this, my laptop still hangs on the Medion screen during startup...and now I’m not only unable to boot directly into Windows... I also can't access the BIOS using F2 or any other function keys.

3. Attempted Fix to BIOS Issue: I've attempted to clear the CMOS by removing the laptop battery for an hour and holding the power button for 60 seconds to clear residual power, but still no luck.

Request for Help:

• How can I regain access to the BIOS?
  • Any suggestions on fixing the issue with Windows failing to boot unless I manually select “Windows Boot Manager”?

I appreciate any assistance you can provide. Unfortunately, I’m unable to reach Medion tech support at the moment because the support form errors out and says "Try again later", so I’m hoping the community here can help.

Thank you in advance!

0 REPLIES 0
0 REPLIES 0