FGS
Apprentice
Bericht 1 van 22
6.541 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 22
6.541 Weergaven

CPU upgrade for Erazer X7847

Hi,

I have a MEDION ERAZER X7847 MD 60475, with a CPU i7-6820HK; I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade this CPU, and what will be the highest performance CPU that I could install instead the original one, in order to increase the number of cores of the CPU.

On the other hand, if it were not possible to upgrade the CPU, I also would like to know how can I increase the CPU and RAM speed using the overclocking function.

Thank you very much for your support, and best regards.

Fernando, from Madrid (SPAIN).

21 ANTWOORDEN 21
FGS
Apprentice
Bericht 11 van 22
2.206 Weergaven
Bericht 11 van 22
2.206 Weergaven

Hi again, Fishtown:

At present time, I am using a RAID 0 with two 248 GB SSD SATA disks, but the improvement in speed is very low: about 1.5 times the speed of  only one SATA disk, this is the reason because of I think it is a good idea to switch to a only one PCIe SSD disk; nevertheless, I do not know if it is possible to make clon from a RAID 0 to an one PCIe SSD disk: Could you help me to solve this doubt??

Thank you very much for your support and your patience!!

FGS. 

Fishtown
Superuser
Bericht 12 van 22
2.195 Weergaven
Bericht 12 van 22
2.195 Weergaven

hello @FGS 

with the description for the control center

i have to see if i can find something at clevo.

As far as cloning and installing the operating system is concerned,

I have no experience and would like to bring superuser @daddle  on board, he knows all about it.

Hello daddle, can you help. Many Thanks

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
daddle
Superuser
Bericht 13 van 22
2.189 Weergaven
Bericht 13 van 22
2.189 Weergaven

@FGS 

If I may help out? I do not think Fishtown would disagree. 😊

Are your two  248 GB SATA SSDs  2.5" Notebook SSDs? What about the originally installed 248 GB M2 SSD in the M2 Slot?

What you could do is to make an image of your Windows Installation (from within the Striping Raid), and save it onto the Harddisk or an external disk.

You can make use of Minitool PartititonWizard, Macrium Reflect or AOMei Backupper. All of them are free to download.

With the program you choose you must create a bootstick, to start the portable program to flash back the saved image to the new PCIe M2 SSD.

This applies and is absolutely necessarily if the SATA M2 SSD is part of the Raid.

If it is as I presume, you can buy a 512 GB PCIe M2 SSD (must be minimum 512 GB  Raid 0 = 2x256GB = 512 GB), and put it in the appropriate M2 slot, and take the M2 SSD out of the SATA Slot.

Now it depends where your Windows is installed: If the Raid is on two single SATA Notebook SSDs, and the M2 SATA SSD is not part of the Raid, you can boot from the Raid, and with the installed Imaging progam you can flash the saved Image from the HDD onto the newly build in PCIe M2 SSD..

Or you make use of the also possible method of Migration (Cloning) directly of your Windows System onto the PCIe M2 SSD.

Reboot cold (switch the PC off inbetween)

During switching the PC on again press F8 or F10  on (repeat with the F10 key if F8 does not function).

The Boot Menu will appear on the screen and you can choose the PCIe M2 to boot from.

If the cloned or ported Windows works fine, you should take the two 248 GB  SSDs out.

Or delete the Raid in the Bios, or delete Windows with the MiniToolPartitionWizard..

If the M2 SATA SSD is part of the Raid, despite of it you also have to take the M2 SATA out, or the PCIe M2 can not be recognized by Bios..

This means you have to boot from the prepaired bootstick, to flash the image saved on the HDD with the portable programversion onto the new PCIe M2 SSD.

If you have more questions, ask them.

Cheers, daddle

Edit:

@Fishtown 

I was already busy  on it, but a longer telephone call prevented earlier posting of the already written "manifest" .

Regards , daddle

FGS
Apprentice
Bericht 14 van 22
2.174 Weergaven
Bericht 14 van 22
2.174 Weergaven

Thank you very much for your fast response daddle & fishtown:

In fact, in my laptop the M2 SATA SSD is part of the RAID. I have to study how to create a bootstick, because I have never tried to clone a RAID system. If I understood correctly, I can use the internal 1.5 TB HDD disk to create the RAID image, and later, with any of the tools you mention, to flash the image from the HDD to the new PCIe SSD disk: is this correct??

Thank you very much, and best regards,

FGS.

daddle
Superuser
Bericht 15 van 22
2.170 Weergaven
Bericht 15 van 22
2.170 Weergaven

@FGS 

Yes!

@FGS  schrieb:

In fact, in my laptop the M2 SATA SSD is part of the RAID. I have to study how to create a bootstick, because I have never tried to clone a RAID system. If I understood correctly, I can use the internal 1.5 TB HDD disk to create the RAID image,

You do not create a copy of the Raid setup but an Image of the Windowsinstallation (better said the System) on your Raiddisks. I would make use of AOMEi Backupper as first choice.

It is easy to make a bootstick. All programs have a button to do it. With the AOMEi bootstick  you boot, and then you can restore the Image saved on the 1.5 TB HDD onto the newly build in PCIe M2 SSD.

Same with the  Windows  MediCreationTool. Just make the download, then connect a min 8 GB USB Stick; start the MediaCreationTool.exe, and your Windows Bootstick is created. (If you want to make use of it to delete or create partitions on the  "old" raid disks) But not only for that; it's always usefull to have it ready.

daddle

FGS
Apprentice
Bericht 16 van 22
2.166 Weergaven
Bericht 16 van 22
2.166 Weergaven

Thanks again, Daddle; a final doubt:

I have activated BitLocker. Do you know if this ia a problem to make the clon of the RAID?

Regards,

FGS.

daddle
Superuser
Bericht 17 van 22
2.163 Weergaven
Bericht 17 van 22
2.163 Weergaven

@FGS 

This you should have said before. Actually I don't know. The image of course also contains the bitlocker code. So it could work. If Bitlocker doesn't prevent any copying . But you have to try. 

Better you deactivate Bitlocker first. then there will be no hassle.

daddle

FGS
Apprentice
Bericht 18 van 22
2.149 Weergaven
Bericht 18 van 22
2.149 Weergaven

Hola, Fishtown:

Going back to the original CPU upgrade issue: Are there any other possibility different from 6820HK or 6700HQ? Could it be possible to upgrade the laptop with i7-6850K processor??

Together with the PCIe SSD, I think it would be a great and significant improvement of the laptop...

Best Regards, and thank you very much for your support.

FGS. 

Fishtown
Superuser
Bericht 19 van 22
2.100 Weergaven
Bericht 19 van 22
2.100 Weergaven

Hello @FGS 

Unfortunately I don't have any further information about the CPU. 😢

General useful reading, user manual and more here. 😄

https://www.eluktronics.com/support/user-guides-manuals/P650RP6_P670RP6

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
FGS
Apprentice
Bericht 20 van 22
2.072 Weergaven
Bericht 20 van 22
2.072 Weergaven

Thank you very much, Fishtown:

Reading carefully the User Manuel, in page 5-12 one can read: "If you have installed the Windows OS with either AHCI or RAID, DO NOT diseble the set mode (if you wish to diseble the set mode you will need to reinstall the Windows OS".

So, commeing back to the SSD PCIe installation: I must reinstall the Windows OS, or I can use an image as you explained me??

Regards, and thank you very much again!

FGS.

21 ANTWOORDEN 21