SOLVED
21 REPLIES 21
FGS
Apprentice
Message 1 of 22
Message 1 of 22

CPU upgrade for Erazer X7847

Hi,

I have a MEDION ERAZER X7847 MD 60475, with a CPU i7-6820HK; I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade this CPU, and what will be the highest performance CPU that I could install instead the original one, in order to increase the number of cores of the CPU.

On the other hand, if it were not possible to upgrade the CPU, I also would like to know how can I increase the CPU and RAM speed using the overclocking function.

Thank you very much for your support, and best regards.

Fernando, from Madrid (SPAIN).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FGS
Apprentice
Message 22 of 22
Message 22 of 22

Hi,

Finally I changed my pair of SATA SSD in RAID 0 for one PCIe SSD; and when I removed both SATA SSD disks and plug in the PCIe SSD in the correct m2 socket, it works OK. Unfortunately I tried to manage a image of my RAID 0 disks to recover it over the new PCI e disk using AOMEI software, and I have no success: finally, I had to reinstall the whole OS. I tried to recover the image of the RAID 0 into the PCIe disk, but my laptop gets hanged when it tried to boot from the recovered image. I do not know if I did something wrong, but after several  attempts, I gave up and resigned myself to reinstalling windows from scratch.

In any case, thank you very much for your support and your help.

FGS.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 22
Message 2 of 22

Hi @FGS ,

are you willing to perform board level repair?

Regards,

Gehringer

FGS
Apprentice
Message 3 of 22
Message 3 of 22

Hi, Gehringer:

If it were necessary, yes. Specially if the increase in performance were significant. 

Regards,

FGS.

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 22
Message 4 of 22

Hi @FGS ,

unfortunatelly Medion can't recommend any modification on original products but I hope our FORUM experts will be able to help you.

Regards,

Gehringer

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 5 of 22
Message 5 of 22

Hola @FGS  y bienvenido

You have a CLV P670RP6-M

Doesn't look like it, see here under Page 1-2 Specification (Processor Options)

https://my.hidrive.com/share/yze8mg-wf8#$/CLEVO%20Service%20Manual%20Books/P_Series/P6_Series/P6xxRx...

adiós / bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
FGS
Apprentice
Message 6 of 22
Message 6 of 22

Thank you very much, Fishtown for your message:

The service manual is really interesting, but concerning the upgrade of the Laptop, only gives two possibilities, both of then related with 6ª i7 generation: Are there no other possibility with a powerful processor? Are there any possibility of upgrading the whole MB?

Regards,

FGS.

FGS
Apprentice
Message 7 of 22
Message 7 of 22

Hi again, Fishtown:

Reading the service manual that you kindly has made available in this thread, I could see that I can use and PCIe SSd in m2 slot 2; then: Could I use for instance a Samsun 970 EVO NMeV in m2 slot 2 as boot disk? Can you confirm this point? This will be also a good upgrade!

Regards,

Fernando.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 8 of 22
Message 8 of 22

Hi @FGS 

your question: Can you confirm this point?

answer: yes and no

MSN 30022356/ X7847 (MD 60475) ES

you have:

4 x 8192 MB DDR4 SO-DIMM
(PC4-17000/2133 MHz)
(4/4 belegt; 64 GB max.)

and

1 x HDD 1,5 TB SATA

1x SSD M.2 (2280) 256GB Phision SATA

look at Page 1-3 Spezifikation:

M.2 SSD Limitation

When slot 3 has an M.2 SATA SSD installed, then slot 2 will not be avail-able for M.2 PCIe SSDs.

so does not work.

unless the SSD SATA comes out completely and your operating system comes new to the PCIe

bye Fishtown

driver:

https://www.medion.com/de/service/product-detail/30022356

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 9 of 22
Message 9 of 22

Hi @FGS 

overclocking look at control center

https://intranet.medion.com/ftp/pdf/bda_40060974.pdf

Page: 27

Fn + ESC

Control Center

Aumento de la frecuencia del procesador con el botón del Control Center

`Abra el Control Center pulsando Fn + ESC o haciendo doble clic en el icono correspondiente de la barra de tareas.

`Seleccione la pestaña Gaming > CPU o GPU Overclocking.

Si su procesador no permite un aumento de frecuen-cia, estas opciones no estarán a su disposición.

bye Fishtown

FGS
Apprentice
Message 10 of 22
Message 10 of 22

Thank you very much Fishtown for your message:

I have to admit that I never knew how to use Control Center application to manage the overcloking feature of my laptop; there are a lot of wipers that I do not know what they are for: Are there any manual or documento in which all this possible controls are explained??

Best Regards,

Fernando.

21 REPLIES 21