cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU upgrade Medion Erazer Defender P10 ( Intel Core i5 - 10300H + RTX 3060 )

SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
NickyHens
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

CPU upgrade Medion Erazer Defender P10 ( Intel Core i5 - 10300H + RTX 3060 )

I recently got a new Medion Erazer Defender P10 and i've noticed and checked, that the CPU is bottlecapping the laptop. It's quite sad that the CPU limits the GPU as it has great potential, so i started looking for a new CPU but quickly discovered that lots of issues arrise. I want to upgrade from the current Intel Core i5 - 10300H to an Intel Core i3 - 12100F. However i can not find anywhere if the CPU is compatible with the motherboard (sockets and etc), and i've even seen that the CPU can not be upgraded at all??? It would be a big shame if i have to keep using my bottlecapped laptop knowing that it could be running much better with a CPU that is slightly more fit for the graphics card. I really hope the rumors of the CPU's being stuck to the motherboard isn't true, as this would honestly instantly make me loose all my respect for Medion. Something as simple as upgrading a CPU shouldn't be this hard, definitely not when the standard CPU is not capable enough. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EastClintwood
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hello @NickyHens,

With your laptop it is not possible to replace the CPU without special equipment.

Greetings,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hello @NickyHens, and welcome to the community.

Please send us the 8-digit MSN, which is usually located on the bottom of the device.

@NickyHens  schrieb:

However i can not find anywhere if the CPU is compatible with the motherboard (sockets and etc), and i've even seen that the CPU can not be upgraded at all???

Where did you get this info from? It would be helpful to know the source. 🙂

Regards,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
NickyHens
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I don’t remember exactly where I saw that the cpu might not be upgradable, I just remember seeing somewhere here on the support website  people talk about the CPU being soldered to the motherboard on some Medion laptops. The MSN number I found is 30033042

EastClintwood
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hello @NickyHens,

With your laptop it is not possible to replace the CPU without special equipment.

Greetings,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

NickyHens
New Voice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thank you very much for clearing that up!

4 REPLIES 4