DLON
Trainee
Nachricht 1 von 5
4.686 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 5
4.686 Aufrufe

CPU aufrüsten/ tauschen

Hallo, Leute!

Ich muss erst sagen, dass mein Deutsch super schlecht ist. Est tut mir so leid wegen das. Ich hab es nicht seit fast 10 Jahren gelernt und hab zu viel vergessen. 

Ich hab schon eine Thema im englischen Forum gemacht, aber hab bemerkt dass das deutsches Forum viel mehr aktiv ist.

So, hier is mene Frage: 

Ich wollte fragen ob es möglich ist meine CPU aufzurüsten? Ich hab vor zwei Jahren der MEDION ERAZER X7835 (MD 99286) gekauft.

Es hat Intel Core i7-4710MQ 2,5 GHz

Ich hab schon versucht dass Antwort selbst zu finden aber hab nur dieses Thema gefunden: https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/MEDION-ERAZER-X7833-MD-99991-CPU-aufr%C3%BCsten-tausch...

Es ist kein gleich Model aber ist auch ein MEDION ERAZER, so vielleicht ähnlich. 

Da, der Moderator hat gesagt, dass es nicht moglich ist, weil die CPU fest verlötet ist.  Aber, eien Benutzer hat, unter das, gesagt, dass es moglich ist mit CPU der MQ oder MX haben.

Und jetzt bin ich verwirrt. 

Ich würde es sehr schätzen wenn jemand mir eine Antwort geben kann. Und, wenn es möglich ist, kann mir jemand ein paar gute CPU empfehlen?

Vielen Dank im Voraus!

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Andi
Master Moderator
Nachricht 4 von 5
4.953 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 5
4.953 Aufrufe

Hello @DLON.

Here are your answers:

The ability to update the GPU is also depending on whole system design and especial on GPU socket. GPUs with MXM module standard are changeable and the X7835 is such a device. So again, a change would be possible in general. But only with correct MXM socket size. Unfortunately, Nvidia has not released Graphic cards with Pascal Architecture (1050 – 1080) with MXM standard. So, we don’t know a way to upgrade to a better GPU. The difference between the GTX980m and GTX1070(successor to GTX980m) is round about 100% higher performance! GPU is the most important component of a gaming device.

Concerns with changing to another GPU are nearly same as for the CPU. We have not designed the device to support higher GPUs than GTX980m. This is because there were no better GPUs at the time the X7835 was developed.

There are many side effects with changing components in general. Notebooks aren’t as easy to handle as desktop computers because they don’t follow industrial standards. Changing the PSU has a big impact on the whole system. We would never recommend replacing key parts that we have not qualified for the exact device (like other PSUs). Unpredictable side effects or safety problems may occur. Unfortunately, it’s never that simple. 

To gain more speed to your device, we suggest to upgrade parts which have a big impact but are also easy to change. This means SSD and Memory in particular. Putting the operation system on a fast SSD gives the easiest benefit to your system. But we cannot guarantee that your performance expectation will be met. We are very sorry that we cannot give you more support here. But upgradeability of notebooks is not very common.

Greeting - Andi

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 ANTWORTEN 4
Andi
Master Moderator
Nachricht 2 von 5
4.646 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 5
4.646 Aufrufe

Hello @DLON and welcome to the community.

I checked with our technical department. Here's the answer:

At the very first beginning, we want to thank you for your interest in our device. To change a CPU on a notebook is a technical progress which needs some know-how or experience. In general, the i7-4710MQ CPU is on socket and not on chip, so it is in fact changeable.

The CPU is changeable to other CPUs from Haswell Architecture with same Socket specification like i7-4930MX (22nm, FCPGA946). The specification is mandatory because of Chipset and ME. Other CPUs won’t be supported, even if it were possible to install them.
The i7-4930MX has nearly the same speed as the Skylake i7-7820HK CPU (12% difference) but difference from i7-4710MQ to i7-7820HK is only 26% for the Skylake (in average). So, it's not a big performance gain. The newer Skylake Architecture has of course many benefits which are excluded for this example. We highly recommend to not change the CPU because of the following concerns: • Power consumption of i7-4710MQ is TDP 47W. The X7835 is not designed to support higher power consumptions like i7-4930MX with 57 W.
A chance may occur damage to the Mainboard. The device may power of randomly. • The AC adapter is with 180W not designed for CPUs with higher power consumption.
This means, that the device may power of randomly or could not provide the expected performance • The Thermal solution of the X7835 is not designed for temperatures with may occur from CPUs with higher power consumption.
Problems which could come from that are fatal thermal damages on circuits. • BIOS and EC are not fine adjusted for resource allocation of other CPUs To summarize again: • It is possible to change the CPU (e.g. i7-4930MX) • We recommend to don’t do it because of high risk • We think, to reach better gaming performance with the X7835, a better GPU is needed, but not absolutely a CPU. If you don’t share our concerns, and you really want to craft the device by yourself, we wish you good luck and would like you to share your results with us. Thanks

Greeting - Andi

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
DLON
Trainee
Nachricht 3 von 5
4.636 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 5
4.636 Aufrufe

@Andi   Thank you so much for your answer. I will think about what to do next. Can you please contact the technical department again for me and ask them the following:

1) Since they said that they recommend a better GPU rather than a CPU, does that mean that I can also upgrade my GTX980m to a different card? If so, 

please tell me which of the newer Nvidia cards are supported by my laptop (X7835)? Are the GTX 1060,70,80 etc. supported? 

2) Since you informed me that my  AC adapter is with 180W and is not meant to support CPUs with a higher power consumption, would it be possible to simply purchase an AC adapter that allows for a higher power comsumption?

I would really appreciate it if you could answer these two questions for me. 
Thank you so much for you kindness so far! 

Andi
Master Moderator
Nachricht 4 von 5
4.954 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 5
4.954 Aufrufe

Hello @DLON.

Here are your answers:

The ability to update the GPU is also depending on whole system design and especial on GPU socket. GPUs with MXM module standard are changeable and the X7835 is such a device. So again, a change would be possible in general. But only with correct MXM socket size. Unfortunately, Nvidia has not released Graphic cards with Pascal Architecture (1050 – 1080) with MXM standard. So, we don’t know a way to upgrade to a better GPU. The difference between the GTX980m and GTX1070(successor to GTX980m) is round about 100% higher performance! GPU is the most important component of a gaming device.

Concerns with changing to another GPU are nearly same as for the CPU. We have not designed the device to support higher GPUs than GTX980m. This is because there were no better GPUs at the time the X7835 was developed.

There are many side effects with changing components in general. Notebooks aren’t as easy to handle as desktop computers because they don’t follow industrial standards. Changing the PSU has a big impact on the whole system. We would never recommend replacing key parts that we have not qualified for the exact device (like other PSUs). Unpredictable side effects or safety problems may occur. Unfortunately, it’s never that simple. 

To gain more speed to your device, we suggest to upgrade parts which have a big impact but are also easy to change. This means SSD and Memory in particular. Putting the operation system on a fast SSD gives the easiest benefit to your system. But we cannot guarantee that your performance expectation will be met. We are very sorry that we cannot give you more support here. But upgradeability of notebooks is not very common.

Greeting - Andi

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

DLON
Trainee
Nachricht 5 von 5
4.597 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 5
4.597 Aufrufe

@Andi  

Thank you very much for all your help. I understand everything now. 

I will inform you if I decide to try upgrading and how it performs. 

4 ANTWORTEN 4