Buying an additional drive

SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
marktjeffrey
Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Buying an additional drive

I have the Medion Erazer MD34683 desktop but I rapidly filled the SSD. I'd like to add a second bigger SSD or HDD to it. What sort of drive should I be looking for?

Thanks,

Mark.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @marktjeffrey 

you have a Board MB ECS B360H4-EM and one SSD M.2 (2280) 512GB Phision PS5012-E12 B16A PCIE 

you can use one more M2_1 (2260 and 2280 size with flexible standoff, SATA mode only)

look here: https://community.medion.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/8653iE9F69C04DBC252B2/image-size/large?v=1...

there are also 4x SATA III ports (4x black color) on-board for example for HDD

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @marktjeffrey 

you have a Board MB ECS B360H4-EM and one SSD M.2 (2280) 512GB Phision PS5012-E12 B16A PCIE 

you can use one more M2_1 (2260 and 2280 size with flexible standoff, SATA mode only)

look here: https://community.medion.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/8653iE9F69C04DBC252B2/image-size/large?v=1...

there are also 4x SATA III ports (4x black color) on-board for example for HDD

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.

View solution in original post

winIO
Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Halo Fishman, 

Very useful photo. Apart from this forum, not much info on that motherboard can be found on the web. Just bought one PC for my son (still in box, until 24th of December) with HDD and obviously 1st thing to upgrade is storage. Is there any full spec for this motherboard available on the web? Does any NVME PCie drive fits into the slot near RAM? Do you know whether BIOS offers booting system from a NVME drive?

Thanks, 

winIO  

2 REPLIES 2