cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Medion ERAZER RECON E10 (MD35004) freezes and looses connection to screen.

7 REPLIES 7
frukke
Beginner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Brand new Medion ERAZER RECON E10 (MD35004) freezes and looses connection to screen.

Hi.

I have a brand new Erazer recon E10 (MD35004). My issue started directly when I powered it on, computer freezes and looses connection to my screen. I had a hard time installing windows. Even after everything is updated(windows update) this issue continues. 

Tried setting the power off option to off, still same issue.

Any tips on how to fix this?

Best regards!

/Marcus 

7 REPLIES 7
mats749
Tutor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hi @frukke 

Welcome to the community!

Please can you confirm which BIOS version is on your Erazer? 

Also, have you tried the Medion Service app? It may provide a direct solution to your problem. You can get the service app here 

Thanks 

Mats749

frukke
Beginner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi @mats749 

BIOS version: 460H6WOX.106 x64

Downloaded the medion app last night, but it never gets a chance to complete the scan since the computer freezes and restarts.

Im inte process of trying failsafe mode to see if any drivers are corrupt.

/Marcus

mats749
Tutor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Thanks @frukke

Please let me know if you are able to get into the computer via safe mode. In the mean time, do you have the MSN number of this device ? 

Thanks 

Mats749

frukke
Beginner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@mats749 

MSN: 10024366

mats749
Tutor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@frukke

Your P10 has the latest BIOS installed. 

You're on the right path with trying to boot into safe mode and checking the drivers. Do you have any error's in device manager?  

Thanks 

Mats749 

frukke
Beginner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi @mats749 

I was able to run a full scan "Diagnose System & Fix Issues" within in Medion Service APP in failsafe mode, it took nearly three hours. It did not find any problems, but i can't say for sure that there wasn't any form of issue's before since the app ran a windows update and reinstalled other windows apps.

My initial problem seams to have been resolved.

Seams like a long shot but the windows install progress might have gotten corrupt during the download when i'm using a usb wifi, i can't say for sure. 

Best regards, Marcus

daddle
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

@mats749 

Hi Mats,

sorry for interfering, just by pure interest in getting more to know and train my skills, how can I enter Safe Mode in Windows 10, if the computer or Windows does not complete the booting process and freezes?

Pressing the F8 key during startup does not work with Win 10 anymore; many UEFI bios utilize the F8 Key for calling the  Boot Menu.

In a working  Windows surrounding of course in 'msconfig' I can  change the boot mode to "safe mode" for the next reboot; if the computer freezes I only can boot into Advanced options in the Windows RE environment, if it still functions.

So if there is another way, please be so kind and tell me.

Regards, daddle

7 REPLIES 7